Wonder Woman: The Ultimate Guide to the…

Wonder Woman: The Ultimate Guide to the Amazon Princess

by Scott Beatty

A gift (1) adult (1) art (2) chicks (1) children (1) comic (1) comic book (1) comic books (4) comics (15) culture (1) DC (7) DC Comics (5) fantasy (1) fiction (2) graphic novel (4) guide (1) hardcover (1) non-fiction (3) oversize (1) own (2) peace (1) picture book (1) read (1) reference (8) signed (1) superhero (2) superheroes (1) Wonder Woman (13) WW (1) YA (1)

Normally I wouldn't have included this in my list, but it was huge! Oversized and 150 pages, it took me almost four hours to read, so I think that qualifies.

I'm not sure what prompted me to get this out of the library. I've always been a comic book fan (though more of the storylines than the graphics, I prefer to wait for the prose novels to read them). But it occurred to me one day that I didn't know much about Wonder Woman (also they're talking about making a movie). So I thought "why not"? And those Ultimate DK Guides are good, I believe I've read the Superman one in the past.

Anyway...I don't know why I didn't follow her more! Wonder Woman combines two of my favorite hobbies: comic book heroes and Greek mythology! This was a very informative guide, now I'm going to have to look into whether she has any novels of her own, like The Death and Life of Superman, Batman: Knightfall, Wolverine : Weapon X, etc.

Sadly, that is how I spent my Saturday night. Watching James Bond: The World is Not Enough and reading about Wonder Woman. All to avoid cleaning my apartment...if a friend hadn't stopped by around 11:30pm, I really would have been a loser!
  Ilithyia | Jan 16, 2010 |
Coming from the Archives of DC Comics, this novel is a colorful and packed with spectacular images from the original DC comic books. I can remember watching the television show, "Wonder Woman," when I was younger and found that character to be the heroine of our times. Beating the odds against men in power, she was one of a kind and she definitely deserved an award for being the calculating war Goddess that she was. This comic book will win the fans of all ages and capture new ones to come! ( )
  lola020857 | Apr 20, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078949616X, Hardcover)

Culled from the archives of DC Comics, Wonder Woman: The Ultimate Guide to the Amazon Princess details the amazing exploits, incredible adversaries, and magical weapons of the greatest comic book heroine. Packed with original comic book images and a timeline charting Wonder Woman's entire career, this comprehensive illustrated treatment will delight fans of all ages-and win over many new ones.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:04 -0400)

Traces the sixty-year career of Wonder Woman with emphasis on latest developments and characters and a timeline of key events.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,342,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible