A Simple Plan by Scott Smith

A Simple Plan (edition 1993)

by Scott Smith

Title:A Simple Plan
Authors:Scott Smith
Info:New York : Knopf : Distributed by Random House, 1993.
Collections:Read but unowned, Favorites
Tags:Twisted, American Midwest, Kindle ebook, read in 2012

A Simple Plan by Scott Smith

No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy (sturlington)
    sturlington: Both are books in which found money leads to unexpected, horrific consequences.
    Magic by William Goldman (SomeGuyInVirginia)
    Angels of Light by Jeff Long (VictoriaPL)

English (38)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  All languages (41)
Tale of men who find a lot of stolen money and try to figure out how to keep it is very well done, although it has an inevitability about it that casts a bit of a pall. ( )
  datrappert | Oct 24, 2016 |
Imagine a life spiraling down to it darkest depths. Imagine now that it gets worse. That is this book. ( )
  jbwlibre | Aug 11, 2016 |
I've listened to this on audio and seen the movie - the movie stands out in my mind because Billie Bob Thornton was in it, and I remember it being a good movie that really held my attention, but I didn't remember the listen until I saw it on my daughter's shelf - she said we listened to it as a family on a car trip.
  KathyGilbert | Jan 29, 2016 |
WOW ... murder, greed, plotting. The movie (which was terrific) has a somewhat different ending. I'm torn as to whether the movie or the book is better. But the book is fantastic. ( )
  BookConcierge | Jan 27, 2016 |
I read this book as a Blind Date With a Book read and I'm glad I did. It is a captivating book that reveals how human instincts and greed can turn even the best of us into deadly predators. A page-turner of a suspense novel that is nearly impossible to put down. It captures your whole being and won't let you go until the last page. If you like a book with a great plot and lots of complex twists then you should read this book. Can't wait to read another book by this author. ( )
  EadieB | Jan 19, 2016 |

Scott Smithprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Biondi, MarioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Saarinen, OsmoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.
For my parents, with special thanks to Alice Quinn, Gail Hochman, Victoria Wilson, and Elizabeth Hill
My parents died in an automobile accident the year after I was married.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307278271, Mass Market Paperback)

It All Seemed So Simple...

Two brothers and their friend stumble upon the wreckage of a plane—the pilot is dead and his duffle bag contains four million dollars in cash. The men agree to hide, keep and share the fortune. But what started off as a simple plan slowly devolves into a gruesome nightmare none of them can control.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:47 -0400)

Two brothers and their friend stumble upon the wreakage of a plane--the pilot is dead and his duffle bag contains four million dollars in cash.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,757,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible