As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the…

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride (edition 2014)

by Cary Elwes (Author), Rob Reiner (Foreword)

From actor Cary Elwes, who played the iconic role of Westley in The Princess Bride, comes a first-person account and behind-the-scenes look at the making of the cult classic film filled with never-before-told stories, exclusive photographs, and interviews with costars Robin Wright, Wallace Shawn, Billy Crystal, Christopher Guest, and Mandy Patinkin, as well as author and screenwriter William Goldman, producer Norman Lear, and director Rob Reiner.… (more)
Member:sullijo
Title:As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride
Authors:Cary Elwes (Author)
Other authors:Rob Reiner (Foreword)
Info:Atria Books (2014), Edition: First Edition, 272 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:@home, nonfiction, movies

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes

Recently added byoleander6568, private library, crashnebula73, leni.stuff, haydninvienna, kpetz, siriaeve, Jackie_K

A serviceable and slightly repetitive but sweet glimpse behind the scenes of the filming of one of my favourite movies, The Princess Bride. There are no tell-all moments here—with perhaps the exception of Wallace Shawn talking about how anxious and uncertain he felt while filming—and for all that Cary Elwes discusses his experiences as the film’s leading man, he remains oddly opaque as a person. What does shine through, though, is Elwes' genuine appreciation for his fellow cast members, particularly André the Giant. One for the fans. ( )
  siriaeve | Nov 3, 2019 |
Laughed so hard I cried and I did not want it to end. ( )
  jenvogie | Oct 24, 2019 |
I love him and I love Princess Bride and I love this book.

I happy cried. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
Awesome non-fiction telling of the behind the scenes parts of The Princess Bride. Highly recommend listening to the Book on CD recording because the actors all come back to read parts throughout. Narrated primarily by Cary Elwes. So good. ( )
1 vote EBassett | Mar 20, 2019 |
I highly recommend listening to the audiobook!! It was so enjoyable listening to the voices of beloved characters recounting their experiences on the set of The Princess Bride. This was a thoroughly enjoyable book! ( )
  melissa_faith | Mar 16, 2019 |

Sarandon, ChrisReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scheinman, AndyReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wright, RobinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my little princess, Dominique
Standing onstage at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center, surrounded by cast members and some of the crew, many of whom I've not seen in years, I feel an almost overwhelming sense of gratitude and nostalgia.

Sweet Wesley describes
filmmaking shenanigans
joyful endeavor
(BekiLynn)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,680,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible