Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, Book 5) by…

Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, Book 5) (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:TribalCat
Title:Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, Book 5)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Ballantine Books (2006), Hardcover, 224 pages

Mistral's Kiss by Laurell K. Hamilton (2006)

ouch. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |

Found the book too short compared with the earlier books in the series. Still enjoyed the read though. ( )
  ElenaGwynne | Jan 25, 2018 |
Tanto fumo e niente arrosto, uno dei peggiori della saga. Praticamente solo sesso e zero trama... Vien voglia di mollare la serie quandi si leggono queste cavolate!

Se non fosse che, almeno, le scene di sesso son ben descritte e con fanstastici effetti scenici scenderei a due stelline.

Che nervi... Spero nel prossimo. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Mmh, I'd have to say that, overall, this book was most frightening of all LKH's Meredith Gentry books. This book was also fantastical. Gardens springing to life, disappearances and reappearances, the great and terrible beauty of the wild hunt. Merry is bringing life and true purpose to Faerie. That is never a bad thing. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
Not my favorite one, i still enjoyed it very much. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Laurell K. Hamiltonprimary authorall editionscalculated
York, JudyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
TO JONATHON

Worrying about the perfect words makes me
miss the perfect moment. You remind me it's not
perfection I'm seeking but happiness.
I dreamt of warm flesh and cookies.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345443616, Mass Market Paperback)

I am Princess Meredith, heir to a throne of faerie. My day job, once upon a time, was as a private detective in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, princess has now become a full-time occupation.

My aunt, Queen Andais, will have it no other way. And so I am virtually a prisoner in faerie–trapped here with some of the realm’s most beautiful men to serve as my bodyguards . . . and my lovers. For I am compelled to conceive a child: an heir to succeed me on the throne. Yet after months of amazing sex with my consorts, there is still no baby. And no baby means no throne. The only certainty is death at the hands of my cousin Cel, or his followers, if I fail to conceive.

Now Mistral, Queen Andais’s new captain of the guard, has come to my bed–defying her and risking her terrible wrath in doing so. But even she will hesitate to punish him in jealous rage, because our joining has reawakened old magic, mystical power so ancient that no one stands against it and survives. Not even my strongest and most favored: my Darkness and my Killing Frost. Not even Mistral himself, my Storm Lord. But because Mistral has helped to bring this magic forth, he may live another day.

If I can reclaim control of the fey power that once was, there may be hope for me and my reign in faerie. I might yet quell the dark schemes and subterfuges surrounding me. Though shadows of obsession and conspiracy gather, I may survive.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:01 -0400)

Meredith Gentry struggles to fulfill her obligation to the world of Faerie by conceiving an heir to the throne of the Unseelie Court, but her quest is threatened by the intrigues of her scheming uncle as well as by her own unpredictable powers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,209,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible