Moonlight by David Rose

Moonlight

by David Rose

Good, not great story. I found myself wanting to rush through it to the end at times. Slowing down is worth it, though. ( )
  neverstopreading | Jun 5, 2018 |
A short love story, done in a traditional Japanese love story way. Not my typical read. It was very sad and had a more traditional Japanese fairy-tale ending. The writing needed to be flushed out a bit more, but on a whole, a good first story. ( )
  Aridy | Apr 19, 2018 |
Moonlight starts with the first day Tadao and Yuzuki met. They take turns in sharing their side of how they saw their childhood, of becoming best friends - lovers eventually. They're separated but vow to meet again as adults. Will they stand a chance?!

Gekkō-san might hold a key, but David Rose has got one too: Alternating narrators, romance meets tragedy, modern Japan and old beliefs with a sprinkle of magic. It flows unbelievably smooth! This, however, does not take away you might ride a few waves (and possibly get a little dust in your eye Å_Å )!

This novella had a bigger impact on me than expected and looking forward to read more of Rose's works! ( )
  NinaCaramelita | Oct 12, 2017 |
Moonlight, by David Rose was a beautiful and tragic love story told from the points of view of Tadao and Yuzuki. Since they were children they adored one another like brother and sister and as time passed they came to realize that they'd fallen in love. Determined to be together one day, their loyalty and love is tested, leading to incredible and impossible things to happen to them.

Moonlight was a wonderful but short read. It could easily have been a much longer novel. I didn't much care for the point of view storytelling, but I understood well what was happening. The characters were interesting and I wished there were more to their tale than what was given. The supernatural element was a nice twist on the story but again, too short. At the end I was left wondering more about what happened to them. I enjoyed this short story and look forward to reading more from this author.

I received this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  linzy199 | Sep 18, 2017 |

Moonlight was a wonderful but short read. It could easily have been a much longer novel. I didn't much care for the point of view storytelling, but I understood well what was happening. The characters were interesting and I wished there were more to their tale than what was given. The supernatural element was a nice twist on the story but again, too short. At the end I was left wondering more about what happened to them. ( )
  linzy199 | Sep 18, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

David Rose's book Moonlight was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

David Rose is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,811,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible