The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall

The Conspiracy of Us

by Maggie Hall

2201579,138 (3.55)6

I did not really care for this book. It originally had a lot of great reviews, but after reading it, I found the writing to be too fast-paced, the character relationships forced, and overall pretty bland. There's almost too much description of the detailed movements people make, too much focus on how something is happening rather than why it is happening. Many questions are also left unanswered until the last 75 pages or so of the book. Most of the time, I was very confused on what was going on and the background of The Circle. It does leave a little bit of a cliffhanger at the end that is somewhat provoking enough to want to know what happens next, but it was tough enough to make it to the end of this book that I don't know I'd want to continue reading what comes out next in the series. ( )
  nframke | Apr 30, 2019 |
Okay, this book took me a moment to get into, I won't lie about that. The narration seemed eager, the accents, less than genuine, and the story a bit out there. However by about the 30 minute mark I was hooked. I don't know what changed, I don't know what did it for me, but all of a sudden I needed to know what happened next. I was falling for these characters before I knew them; I was getting to tumble about in this mystery of Alexander the great that even Robert Langdon couldn't unravel. More or most importantly, I was invested in what happened next. For about a day and a half this was all I could listen too or think about, and before book one was over I'd pre-ordered book two. I needed more that fast! ( )
  BrainyHeroine | Mar 20, 2018 |
The premise was good and really interesting (I'm always a slut for ancient conspiracies) but the romance stuff ruined what was good about it. ( )
  jwmchen | Nov 4, 2017 |
What an amazing read! Fast paced with one hell of a cliffhanger! I can't wait for the next one! Fans of Ally Carter and Kate Kae Myers will love it! ( )
  ohkamikaze | Sep 21, 2017 |
This was fun! A little bit ridiculous, not totally my speed, but a lot of fun. ( )
  eaduncan | Sep 14, 2017 |

When sixteen-year-old Avery West learns her family is part of a powerful and dangerous secret society, and that her own life is in danger, she must follow a trail of clues across Europe.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,793,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible