Ensnared by A. G. Howard

Ensnared

by A. G. Howard

Series: Splintered (3)

Ensnared is a magical third addition to A.G Howards series Splintered. Alyssa is locked in the asylum and is later freed by her own hand.
As she fights to find her two lovers, Jeb, and Morpheus, she runs into a problem. Her father has just been shrunk to the size of a butterfly and needs to get his memories back from the memory train. As soon as they find her mother and get her father's memories back, they find his family and search for Jeb and Morpheus. She saves Jeb and Morpheus from Any elsewhere and now she must defeat the evil queen Red and take her rightful place on the throne. But will she defeat Red or will she perish in the process? Only time will tell.

When Alyssa found her love for Jeb was chalant, and that her love for Morpheus is true her true intentions falter. There were a lot of editorial mistakes that must be fixed by the author but other than that, the book was fantastic. All of the plot twists and awesome insults had me laughing and my head spinning. Chessie made more of an appearance in this book. In the previous book, Jeb had proposed to Alyssa and she had never answered his request. In this book she accepts his proposal and has decided what her future will hold. She will have a future with Jeb first and when he dies she will be with Morpheus and rule over Wonderland for all eternity. Pretty great, right? I guess you will have to find out.
This book is one that I would highly recommend. ( )
  TressaJ.B4 | May 30, 2019 |
Bella saga, anche se il finale è un po' scontato.
  elerwen | May 29, 2019 |
Oh my god, the struggle.... It took everything I had to push through the series. I'm weird in that I need to know how it ends, even if the story isn't fantastic. I finished the first one and doomed myself to read the next two. They do not get better. The visuals in this one were better than the second (because more Wonderland), but that's about it. Really... This whole series makes me mad because life is too short to waste on bad books. ( )
  TinaTome | Nov 18, 2018 |
Read this review and more on October Tune!

Two years ago, I bought a book called Splintered because I was intrigued by the summary and the promise of a creepy Wonderland - and because of that cover. I read the book and fell in love, though I did also have some things I didn't like about the book (hence it only having three stars though I did love the story). Then Unhinged came out with another gorgeous cover and an even better story. And this year, Ensnared, the final book in the series was released. I had pre-ordered it and picked it up at my local bookstore as soon as they got it, and then I kind of let it lie on my desk for a couple of days because I was afraid of starting it and ending up completely disappointed by what happened in the end.

And I have to say I wasn't super happy with how the book ended, but more on that later. I just want to explain why I gave this book only three (and a half) stars, while I did love the previous one. Because in this book there was a lot more love-triangly things going on. This book was just full-on 'should I choose Jeb or should I choose Morpheus', and though there was enough action to compensate for that at least a bit, the whole triangle thing annoyed me so much in this book. Especially because both boys were so keen on having Alyssa. Seriously I think at some point they even started arguing/fighting about it while she was there, like seriously?!

Like with the previous two books, a lot of things were described in such detail that I found amazing. Though I had a hard time imagining half of those things, I really liked it in this book for some reason (though normally I do not like detailed descriptions of things). I just guess it fit in this story and it would have been a lot weirder to imagine most of the creatures from Wonderland and the Looking Glass world without those descriptions. But I still just can't imagine the clothes that Alyssa wears, I think I just need to see them drawn or in a picture before I can think 'oh so that's what it looks like'.

In this book, I started to dislike Morpheus more and more but I think I am one of the very few because I think at least 90% of the fandom loves him and I... Just... Can't... See... It... He's an ass, he's manipulative, he just wants Alyssa all to himself and he probably just kept Jeb alive because if he didn't Alyssa would probably be effing pissed at him or something. I don't know, I just don't like him. So yeah I was rooting for Jeb throughout this book (and in the previous book as well). I know he's not perfect either (he was a bit annoying in the first book as well, I have to admit that), but I just liked him better than Morpheus.

Like I said there were some nice action scenes in this book, but my favourite has got to be the part in the courtyard of Queen of Hearts' castle. Wow. Some things happened in that scene that made me really really scared, but in the end it all came out okay and I was happy again! But there was one scene that I really really missed in this book, and it actually made me feel a bit betrayed, honestly. The part where Ivory and Alyssa were supposed to put Wonderland back into it's original shape. The whole book led up to Alyssa having to defeat Red and bring back Wonderland and it DOES NOT HAPPEN. Instead Morpheus and Jeb do the thing and ugh I'm just a bit pissed at this. First of all Red was defeated in a bamf way (the courtyard thing), but then Alyssa almost dies and the 'men' do all the work. I really - ugh - I just can't really put it into words without repeating myself.. I am very disappointed by this.

As for the ending, I am both happy and not so happy with it - but it's a kind of spoiler (and I have already used some spoiler tags in this post, so I won't be using another one). If you want to know how the book ends, and (probably most importantly) who Alyssa ends up with, you should definitely read Ensnared.

My opinion on this book in one gif:
  october.tune | Nov 15, 2017 |
I get that she gets the best of both worlds, but it seems like the netherling side of her won out in so many ways. Jeb gave up EVERYTHING to be with her and I get that she lived her life with him and they had kids et cetera-- but I wish that it had been more evident that even though she had this pull toward Morpheus that he was the one she wanted-- we got alot of the push/pull with Morpheus-- just anger resentment with Jeb-- and I think Jeb got the raw end of the deal showing how much she loved him as much as he loved her-- though I did love the line about how each of the boys were better off knowing her and in turn learning more about themselves and being all the better for it... ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |

A. G. Howardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gibel, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"Alyssa travels to Wonderland once again to free both her mother and Jeb, and to set right all that's gone wrong"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,318,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible