Hold Me Under: Poems to Drown to by Casey…

Hold Me Under: Poems to Drown to

by Casey Renee Kiser

Darkness, depression and madness are nothing new for poetry, and there are never-ending ways to make these themes fresh and new. Unfortunately, this book didn't do that. I was disappointed to see a lack of any sort of sophistication in Kiser's poems. I like simplicity; I like modernity... but not like this. These poems may be relatable to an audience of young, angsty teens, but I don't see this book going over well with any mature person over the age of seventeen. I wanted to like Hold Me Under; I thought maybe I would. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Hopefully, Kiser's writing will progress and in the future better poetry will come. ( )
1 vote hannahchristine | Nov 19, 2014 |
A delightful book full of dark and quirky poems. It's a fast read and has some poems that I will definitely reading again. I received this from LibraryThing Member Giveaway for and honest review. ( )
1 vote Draak | Aug 29, 2014 |
I received this book for free from Member's Giveaway. It was an interesting quick read. The poems were definitely dark which is always a good thing. My favorite poems were We Didn't Have the Heart and The Secret Life of a Kiss.

For the rest of the review, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/75305.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Jul 19, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 097694765X, Paperback)

Casey s quirky and imaginative style shines in this collection of some of her best poems . With dark and sometimes, unsettling humor, these tales about love, identity, relationships, depression and madness will shake you up, break you down and remind you to take your medication.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:02 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Casey Renee Kiser's book Hold Me Under: Poems to Drown to was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Casey Renee Kiser is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,121,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible