Scribe: My Life in Sports

by Bob Ryan

A respected sportswriter for the "Boston Globe" traces his early love of sports, experiences as a dedicated fan, and human observations behind pivotal sports moments. --Publisher's description.

Excellent read for Boston sports fans of a certain age, or for those interested in learning more about sports back in the day. I tend to wax nostalgic for the Cowens/Havlicek Celtics of my youth, teams that were overshadowed by the '80s teams that captured the imagination of the city to a much greater degree, but those teams were great, and they were an important part of my own fandom.
Ryan is a favorite sportswriter of mine in short form, and here in long form he's really good too. ( )
  DanTarlin | Jan 10, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,792,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible