Maplecroft by Cherie Priest

Maplecroft

by Cherie Priest

Series: The Borden Dispatches (1)

Jacaranda by Cherie Priest (PghDragonMan)
    PghDragonMan: Unnamed horror and a masterful use of suspense join these two stories together.

Lizzie Borden battling Lovecraftian horrors. Do you need a better pitch than that? ( )
  andrlik | Apr 24, 2018 |
quit before finishing ( )
  crashdmj | Apr 15, 2018 |
Apparently I need to read more Lovecraft, or at least more ABOUT Lovecraft, as there were many shades of his world in this book. Not sure I lost anything not knowing that. Fun story, and totally creepy. ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |
This was a truly creepy book. I really liked it. Lizzie Borden is a character I would read about again in a heartbeat. I love the twist on the original history. I loved the nasty creatures and Lizzie's bad ass ax. One of the creepier books I have read during the last year. It had a little of everything. Great characters, a love story, and things that go bump in the night.

Priest is a great writer. Her biggest talent is her ability to adapt and change styles to fit the story she is telling. She can put some mean sentences together and I found myself rereading paragraphs out loud because I loved the way the words sounded together. I might go back and listen to the audio book someday. One of my favorites this year and if you are in the mood for some creepiness this book is for you. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
Lizzie Borden meets H.P. Lovecraft. ( )
  ComicGirl178 | Dec 21, 2017 |

Cherie Priestprimary authorall editionscalculated
Anderson, KatieCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hoteling, SpringDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Morrow, BlakeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
No one else is allowed in the cellar.

But it is not far enough from the affliction that possessed my parents. Their characters, their very souls, were consumed from within by something that left malevolent entities in their place. It originates from the ocean’s depths, plaguing the populace with tides of nightmares and madness.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:02 -0400)

" Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks; and when she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty-one.... The people of Fall River, Massachusetts, fear me. Perhaps rightfully so. I remain a suspect in the brutal deaths of my father and his second wife despite the verdict of innocence at my trial. With our inheritance, my sister, Emma, and I have taken up residence in Maplecroft, a mansion near the sea and far from gossip and scrutiny. But it is not far enough from the affliction that possessed my parents. Their characters, their very souls, were consumed from within by something that left malevolent entities in their place. It originates from the ocean's depths, plaguing the populace with tides of nightmares and madness. This evil cannot hide from me. No matter what guise it assumes, I will be waiting for it. With an axe. "--… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,327,455 books! | Top bar: Always visible