Fanning the Flames by Victoria Dahl

I picked up this romance novella because I wanted something I could finish in the hour or so before I went to sleep as I failed to actually crack open the book I meant to start reading this weekend and I've got a bunch of library holds incoming. A fast read on the smuttier side, it was refreshing to find a romance where the leads are in their 40s. Also, as a librarian myself, I now kind of want to work in a library attached to a fire hall. You know, for safety reasons. ;) ( )
1 vote MickyFine | May 15, 2017 |
I was so happy I picked this little novella up. I love the sexy (yet reserved) librarian meets the smoldering (pun intended) fireman. Two almost absurd literary tropes to mash up in a romance and yet Ms. Dahl says "F it" and makes a wonderful story. This novella is HOT, just like every single one of her stories. I love how she breaches age boundaries as well. They aren't old by any means but adults with grown children, divorces, and hell real lives...it's fantasy in a romance and it's damn good. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Lauren Foster, Jake Davis

I LOVE Lauren. It's almost like she is me except I don't have a kid and an ex-husband. Actually she is better than me. She is bold and outgoing and I think she is going to be really happy with Jake. He's one to swoon for. I also loved Sophie. Everyone should have a friend like her. I'm thrilled to be back in Jackson and eagerly awaiting more stories. 4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Lauren Foster, Jake Davis

bookjunkie57 | Sep 3, 2014 |
This one is a short one (only 61 pages only.) Not to rehash the book summary, but one meek librarian - Lauren - and one hot fireman - Jake - collide. Lauren has noticed Jake for quite sometime and when the attention is returned, the fire gets hot quick. And Lauren isn't so trusting of herself.

To me, I didn't really think they went together. Jake read as younger than he was, and Lauren the exact opposite. So the chemistry I had trouble with. Still a decent read for such a story I guess.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review for Netgalley. ( )
  Books007 | Jul 23, 2014 |

Burning for you

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,157,655 books! | Top bar: Always visible