Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling

Why Not Me? (2015)

by Mindy Kaling

I think for the right audience this would be a delightful read.

I was not the right audience. ( )
  Katie_Roscher | Jan 18, 2019 |
I thought it was supposed to be funny... ( )
  Firewild | Jan 3, 2019 |
I’ve gotten hooked on The Mindy Project lately and hadn’t read any of her books yet.
I enjoyed the stories in this book. It’s a collection that is both funny and inspiring.
It must be daunting for celebrities to be role models and also to be inspiring to their gender. What I mean by this is that she’s funny and she acts Because she loves it. Being an inspiration is a bonus that comes with her attitude but it’s clearly hard to deal with sometimes. I can’t imagine what it must be like to be a smaller than average sized woman who is categorized as “curvy” or even “plus size”. Who is told to lose weight by the industry she works for but who might lose respect from her fans if she conformed more.
Seriously that sounds like a lot of pressure to me. I would never want to be famous.

But I feel that she handles fame with grace and humor.
Her stories about dating and friendships are especially funny too.

I’m sure I’ll pick up her other book sometime too. ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
This was a quick, fun read but I didn't get much out of it other than a couple of chuckles. I wouldn't steer people away from it, but I wouldn't really recommend it either. Mindy is a cool lady and it was fun to read about her life, but I could have also skipped over this read and been fine with it. ( )
  samesfoley | Dec 26, 2018 |
This was a great read. Kaling has a sharp sense of humor that I relate to (and wish I had.) ( )
  Melissalovesreading | Sep 30, 2018 |

Hollywood starlet Mindy Kaling shares her ongoing, laugh-out-loud journey to find contentment and excitement in her adult life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,909,557 books! | Top bar: Always visible