Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

Passenger (original 2016; edition 2016)

by Alexandra Bracken (Author)

Member:livebug
Title:Passenger
Authors:Alexandra Bracken (Author)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2016), 496 pages
Collections:Test

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (2016)

This novel promises a time travel story, but it loses itself in a maudlin account of love. It does have some interesting ideas about the possibilities of time travel, though. When I got to the end of the story, and I saw that a sequel would be a possibility, I wanted that sextant in my hands so I could find the point in the past before this book was written.
  edwardcandler | Apr 8, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this book, although it was a little slow at the beginning. I loved the characters, especially Etta, a fighter, a violin prodigy who never gives up during her time travels, and of course Nick, an African American character, who saves Etta after a sea battle between two sailing vessels. Nick and Etta are the love interest in this well written book. I certainly look forward to the next book in the Series.
Jack Murphy ( )
  urph818 | Jan 27, 2017 |
Once i got into this book - it flew!!! And i loved it!!!!! Def push through the first 100pgs, its worth it!!! ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
I... DNF this book.

And I don't think I will. I read a review that encapsulated exactly what I thought: this book is hard work. And not just because "omg reading is tough" but if it's difficult for me to stay interested then it's not something I have time for. I wanted to like this book, honestly, I did. I made it 30% of the way through before I put it down for the final time (of many) and said "Stephanie, you have to let it go."

I tried. I failed. I'm moving on. Sorry.
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
I... DNF this book.

I tried. I failed. I'm moving on. Sorry.
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

—William Ernest Henley
For Mom—

In all of history, there has never been anyone with a heart as beautiful and strong as yours.
PROLOGUE

As they ascended, retreating farther from the winding trails that marked the way to nearby villages, the world opened to him in its purest form: silent, ancient, mysterious.
Deadly.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,461,827 books! | Top bar: Always visible