Wayfarer (Passenger) by Alexandra Bracken

Wayfarer (Passenger)

by Alexandra Bracken

A very solid conclusion! Perhaps it was a touch too long considering (there weren't many new developments I thought just the journey to get to the climax) but I found the last half really flew by.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p7hLUw-1cE
Actual Rating: 4/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
3/5 stars

I liked this conclusion, but I also found it kinda meh. I did enjoy the characters and the different settings we got to see. The plot was fast paced and was fun :)

The writing was good, I enjoyed the story, and found it easy to read and the descriptions were rich.

Overall, I liked it, but I didn't love it. ( )
  jdifelice | Jan 20, 2018 |
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2018/01/12/my-year-in-reading-cassie-las-december-2017-wrap-up/

Despite being a super dense read, Wayfarer started off great, building off the amazing world and characters introduced in Passenger. Unfortunately, Bracken chose to keep her two main characters turned love interests separate for all but 100ish pages of her 500+ page novel, a disappointing detriment to the final book in her time travel duology. Authors, please stop splitting your couples up in book two! Cool, thanks. ( )
  yrchmonger | Jan 12, 2018 |
fantasy, time travel, YA ( )
  mzonderm | Jun 16, 2017 |
Continuing where Passenger left off, Nicholas and Etta are now separated in both time and place. Because of the events in book one, the timeline was changed and Nicholas has to find the last common year in order to find Etta. Meanwhile, the astrolabe which has the power to create new passages between time periods and places is still missing, and both Nicholas and Etta are racing against time - and the Ironwoods, who want to use it to change history - to find it, determining who to trust along the way as new information about their family history comes into play.

Because you have the two points of view, the reader knows more than either of the characters as they piece together others' motives and figure out what to do and where to go. Based on the fact that I'd read the first book over a year ago and had to get my bearings again, I'd say it's not impossible to read this independent from Passenger, though I wouldn't recommend it. They're definitely two halves of the same story, and the way Wayfarer wraps things up was exceptionally satisfying. ( )
  bell7 | Feb 20, 2017 |
Alexandra Bracken's Passenger was a fantastic novel - and I couldn't wait for more of the time traveling adventures ( and love story) of Nicholas and Etta. I was sorely disappointed by the sequel, Wayfarer. I did the math and 90% of the book Nicholas and Etta are separated. Investing 532 pages into a novel where it feels like the main characters are just slogging through history lessons was special torture. Side characters ( Julian and Sophia) received more character development than the main characters - and the prose is never ending. You find yourself wanting to strangle Bracken's editor, wishing that she would have just told Bracken to "get to the point." Two hundred less pages, and a shorter separation for Nicholas and Etta would have saved this novel from being the clunker it turned out to be. I will donate my book to the library.
added by Mizelle88 | editLibraryThing, Mizelle (Feb 26, 2017)

Robbed of the powerful object she needed to save her mother, time traveler Etta Spencer is stranded far from home and the privateer she loves before resolving to destroy the astrolabe, a mission that is challenged by a shattering revelation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,052,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible