My Mouth Is a Volcano! by Julia Cook

My Mouth Is a Volcano!

by Julia Cook

This funny story explains about being polite and not interrupting. It provides a positive way to teach children about the right behavior. Ages 4+
  amlugo | Feb 28, 2014 |
A funny story about being polite and not interrupting adults as they speak. I teaches a lesson of the positive way to address the behavior. No one want to be a volcano mouth.
Ages 4 and up
barnes and noble.com
  cmbeck | May 20, 2013 |
Ages:4-6
Pierce ECE
This book is about a young boy who loves to talk. He says anything and everything that comes to his mind. Sometimes he comes off as being rude or interruptive to others. The young boy is learning how to speak appropriately and take turns while talking to others.
  kwatson87 | May 16, 2013 |
Explains about kids interuptting and explains that although you want to say something you need to wait until no one is talking.
Age-3-5
Source: Pierce County Library
  Mnbachmeier | May 16, 2013 |
I read this book to my four year old preschool class after we had some issues with children interrupting each other. The class loved the book and for several days afterwards I would hear them telling each other not to be a "volcano mouth"! ( )
  mistydolph | Jul 1, 2009 |

All of Louis’ thoughts are very important to him. In fact, his thoughts are so important to him that when he has something to say, his words begin to wiggle, and then they do the jiggle, then his tongue pushes all of his important words up against his teeth and he erupts, or interrupts others. His mouth is a volcano! My Mouth Is A Volcano takes an empathetic approach to the habit of interrupting and teaches children a witty technique to capture their rambunctious thoughts and words for expression at an appropriate time. Told from Louis’ perspective, this story provides parents, teachers, and counselors with an entertaining way to teach children the value of respecting others by listening and waiting for their turn to speak.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:32 -0400)

This book teaches children to manage their thoughts and words without interrupting.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,544,768 books! | Top bar: Always visible