My Mouth Is a Volcano! by Julia Cook

My Mouth Is a Volcano! (2005)

by Julia Cook

202758,111 (4.5)None

Louis has no filter on his mouth, he says whatever is on his mind whenever he thinks it. He often interrupts others who are speaking and must learn to be patient and wait.
  arielgramner | Aug 13, 2015 |
Young Reader Reaction: "I am just like Louis!" Our daughter seems to relate to each of Julia Cook's characters ... and gets the message that the scenes play out.

Adult Reader Reaction: Julia Cook clearly taps into the feelings and energy of an impatient child (or adult!). I love how she connects the reader to Louis first, then turns the table on Louis in the journey to a solution.

Pros: Young readers - even patient ones - will relate to Louis. From the way a word leads to new ideas in your head to trying to stay quiet there is something for everyone in this book.

Read our full review and add yours at The Reading Tub®.
  TheReadingTub | Apr 15, 2015 |
This funny story explains about being polite and not interrupting. It provides a positive way to teach children about the right behavior. Ages 4+
  amlugo | Feb 28, 2014 |
A funny story about being polite and not interrupting adults as they speak. I teaches a lesson of the positive way to address the behavior. No one want to be a volcano mouth.
Ages 4 and up
barnes and noble.com
  cmbeck | May 20, 2013 |
Ages:4-6
Pierce ECE
This book is about a young boy who loves to talk. He says anything and everything that comes to his mind. Sometimes he comes off as being rude or interruptive to others. The young boy is learning how to speak appropriately and take turns while talking to others.
  kwatson87 | May 16, 2013 |
To Blanche, for giving me the gift of her time.
My name is Louis.  People say I erupt a lot.

All of Louis’ thoughts are very important to him. In fact, his thoughts are so important to him that when he has something to say, his words begin to wiggle, and then they do the jiggle, then his tongue pushes all of his important words up against his teeth and he erupts, or interrupts others. His mouth is a volcano! My Mouth Is A Volcano takes an empathetic approach to the habit of interrupting and teaches children a witty technique to capture their rambunctious thoughts and words for expression at an appropriate time. Told from Louis’ perspective, this story provides parents, teachers, and counselors with an entertaining way to teach children the value of respecting others by listening and waiting for their turn to speak.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:45 -0400)

This book teaches children to manage their thoughts and words without interrupting.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,071,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible