Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Merchant of Venice (1596)
Books Read in 2016 (625)
Books Read in 2013 (118)
CCE 1000 Good Books List (108)
Jewish Literature (53)
Books Set in Italy (60)
100 World Classics (70)
Ambleside Books (209)
Best Urban Fantasy (448)
University literature (114)
Authors from England (22)
Plays I Like (45)
Unread books (1,003)
Is contained in
Is retold in
Has the adaptation
Was inspired by
Has as a study
Has as a student's study guide
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English (1)
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743477561, Mass Market Paperback)Folger Shakespeare Library
The world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Alexander Leggatt
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:23 -0400)
Presents Shakespeare's dark comedy about young lovers and a Jewish money lender who demands a pound of flesh in payment for a debt. Includes explanatory notes on facing pages, scene-by-scene plot summaries, a key to famous lines and phrases, a modern perspective essay, and an introduction to the play and the language of Shakespeare.
2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
An edition of this book was published by Yale University Press.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.