Exponential Organizations: Why new…

by Salim Ismail (Author), Peter H. Diamandis (Foreword)

"In business, performance is key. In performance, how you organize can be the key to growth. In the past five years, the business world has seen the birth of a new breed of company--the exponential organization--that has revolutionized how a company can accelerate its growth by using technology. An ExO can eliminate the incremental, linear way traditional companies get bigger, leveraging assets like community, big data, algorithms, and new technology into achieving performance benchmarks ten times better than its peers. Three luminaries of the business world--Salim Ismail, Yuri van Geest, and Mike Malone--have researched this phenomenon and documented ten characteristics of exponential organizations. Here, In Exponential organizations, they walk the reader through how any company, from a startup to a multi-national, can become an ExO, streamline its performance, and grow to the next level."--Back cover.… (more)
Member:TobiasCLarsson
Title:Exponential Organizations: Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, and cheaper than yours (and what to do about it)
Authors:Salim Ismail (Author)
Other authors:Peter H. Diamandis (Foreword)
Info:Diversion Books (2014), 326 pages
Tags:innovation, exponential

Exponential Organizations: Why new organizations are ten times better, faster, and cheaper than yours (and what to do about it) by Salim Ismail

Despite it's repetition later in the book, I thoroughly enjoyed the perspective that Salim details in the book. A lot of the trends, even several years later, still ring true for a lot of companies and industries. The examples provided are also enough to get you to think about ways you can try to introduce and nudge your organization to adopt some of the ExO characteristics. ( )
  atg5026 | Nov 7, 2018 |
Not a genre I usually read, but it was strongly suggested at work. OK for what it is, I suppose, but it's hard for me to get excited about any business book. ( )
  Lindoula | Sep 25, 2017 |
I have not yet read this book but I have a comment that I hope is useful.

Exponential growth is normal and natural, in nature and in business. The issue at hand is fast rate versus slow rate. The authors claim that the standard business model is to grow linearly rather than exponentially, and I think that is not true.
  johnclaydon | Feb 5, 2015 |

Ismail, Salimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Malone, Michael S.main authorall editionsconfirmed
van Geest, Yurymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Diamandis, Peter H.Prefacesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
O'Connell, Rita TeresaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Troiani, FabioForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,588,647 books! | Top bar: Always visible