Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Red Queen (original 2015; edition 2016)

by Victoria Aveyard (Author)

3,1902282,612 (3.75)71
Member:mbellomo83
Title:Red Queen
Authors:Victoria Aveyard (Author)
Info:HarperTeen (2016), Edition: Reprint, 416 pages

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (2015)

English (224)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (228)
Really enjoyed it. Has a lot of the fantasy YA tropes but I loved it anyways. Reminded me a little bit of the Shatter Me series which I enjoyed very much too ( )
  Velarie | May 7, 2019 |
A mix between The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Mystic City by Theo Lawrence...

I truly believe that this series will be the next craze. I haven't heard anything about a movie yet, but I will be waiting impatiently to hear those magic words. It definitely deserves it! The book was fast paced and all consuming. The Author transports us to a unique world and paints vivid pictures in our mind. It's almost as if the words are crawling off the pages right in front of our eyes. The plot wasn't always pretty, but the ugly is what created a magnificent story.

Red Queen was one of those books that just sucks you in from page one. I found myself addicted to the words and struggling with closing the book at a normal hour. I craved the ending and holy crap! I never expected such a huge plot twist. Can you say palm on head, jaw on the floor reaction? It was an epic betrayal and a total mind blower. I was mad, but it made the story that much better

Overall, I recommend this book to readers of all ages. I applaud the Author and desperately beg for the next book.
  ReadersCandyb | Apr 25, 2019 |
Het begon goed spannend, en boeiend. Maar hhahah wat ging het bergaf . Het eerste deel was wel een leuke guilty pleasure. Maar alles was te voorspellen en Ik kon het niet meer serieus nemen door zoveel toevalligheden. Het hoofdpersonage was ook ongelofelijk dom in haar beslissingen . Wel ik heb me met het begin tenminste geamuseerd. ( )
  kopkoffie | Apr 21, 2019 |
This story felt like it was trying to be Game of Thrones for teens. I think it lost a lot of it's umph because much of the ideas were not very original. However, taken at face value, it's still an interesting fantasy read. ( )
  AlexandraSeaha | Apr 11, 2019 |
This book is definitely in the running for my favourite book of the year. ( )
  Wordbrarian | Mar 5, 2019 |
To Mom, Dad, and Morgan, who wanted to know what happened next, even when I didn't.
I hate First Friday.

Mare Barrow's world is divided by blood—those with red and those with silver. Mare and her family are lowly Reds, destined to serve the Silver elite whose supernatural abilities make them nearly gods. Mare steals what she can to help her family survive, but when her best friend is conscripted into the army she gambles everything to win his freedom. A twist of fate leads her to the royal palace itself, where, in front of the king and all his nobles, she discovers a power of her own—an ability she didn't know she had. Except . . . her blood is Red.

To hide this impossibility, the king forces her into the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks her new position to aid the Scarlet Guard—the leaders of a Red rebellion. Her actions put into motion a deadly and violent dance, pitting prince against prince—and Mare against her own heart.

From debut author Victoria Aveyard comes a lush, vivid fantasy series where loyalty and desire can tear you apart and the only certainty is betrayal.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:55 -0400)

In a world divided by blood--those with common, Red blood serve the Silver-blooded elite, who are gifted with superhuman abilities--seventeen-year-old Mare, a Red, discovers she has an ability of her own. To cover up this impossibility, the king forces her to play the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. But Mare risks everything and uses her new position to help the Scarlet Guard --a growing Red rebellion--even as her heart tugs her in an impossible direction.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,885,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible