Stolen by Dawn Kopman Whidden

STOLEN will keep you up at night either trying to stay awake to reach the end of the book, or lying awake wondering what will happen next. The boy Tristan will capture your heart and you will fall in love with Marty, a burly cop with a heart of gold. This book has more twists and turns than you can count and you never know what’s around the corner. Whidden has a real talent for developing characters you want to get to know better. I will definitely be reading more of this author’s works.
~ Linda Thompson, Host of TheAuthorsShow.com ( )
  lst0222 | Jan 25, 2016 |
What an awesome read! This was my first book by this author and I was blown away. It was a great thriller/mystery with twist and turns that fully kept my attention that I didn’t want to put it down. The characters were fully developed and so interesting. The story line was so true to life and I certainly shed a few tears due to the nature of the plot.

The story is a mystery about hunters who find a man dead, another person wounded and two children traumatized in a cabin. The story goes through the twist and turns of Detective Marty Keal and his partner Detective Jean Whitley trying to find out what actually happened. The story flows smoothly between different characters. This is certainly a must read if you like mysteries. If author Dawn Kopman Whidden’s books are all this great, I’ll be sure to read them all! ( )
  brenczkowski | Jul 10, 2015 |
What is stolen? Children, innocence, and identities. At the opening, we have a cabin in the woods and a man who has been fatally shot; another man who is shot and transported to the hospital; and two children. One child is a little girl who is fairly quickly identified and returned to her parents after months with a pedophile. The other is a young boy with secrets because he either can’t or won’t talk. He does have vocal cords as he ran through the woods hollering something rather unintelligible. He continues to be a runner when they take him to the hospital and he runs smack dab into Detective Marty Keal. He’s also a biter; just ask Marty. Dr. Hope Rubin, child psychiatrist, gets pulled back into this book of the series to work with the child while Marty and Detective Jean Moran try to put the pieces together of who is who, and find the shooter who is still missing. When the shooter reappears, he’s holding hostages and has some rather odd demands.

Stolen is the third in the series (known as Marty Keal series per Goodreads). It follows A Child is Torn and Faceless. All three books have focused on disturbing issues of children in trouble. They have all been provocative reads. The first two give us Detectives Marty Keal, Jean Whitley, Joe Moran, and Dr. Hope Rubin. Detective Joe Moran has been effectively written out of the series this time. Each book could be read as a standalone, but if you like to watch the character development from one to the next, you’d probably want to read them in order. One thing: The child develops a closeness to Marty and Hope and they take him into their home on a temporary basis. I didn’t think social services would allow that and so it was a bit unrealistic. I rated Stolen at 4 out of 5. ( )
  FictionZeal | Dec 13, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 150035936X, Paperback)

Another homicide has rocked the small town of Fallsburg, NY. In a cabin nestled deep in the woods two male victims are discovered,both gun shot victims. One is deceased the other one is barely alive. But it is not the murder itself that has detectives Jean Whitley and her new partner Marty Keal frantic to find out the answers of what occurred in that cabin, but it is the identities of the two small children also found at the scene. One child is quickly identified but the other a young boy remains a mystery. The only one with possible answers lies with the man who lay critically wounded and unconscious in the hospital because the unidentified boy either can not or will not speak to tell the investigators who he is and what happened in that cabin that left one man dead and another barely hanging on ...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:44 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible