The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter by…

The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter (1989)

by Beatrix Potter

Recently added bydsavransky, MiriBear, private library, AnieW, armc, MurphyGrace, lisan., Amberfire287, Hyzie

What's not to love? Perhaps the newest generation of parents will find the characters too sweet and the writer entirely too naive for today's world, but maybe that is why they need to read this delightful book. ( )
  JVioland | Jul 14, 2014 |
My mommy got this book for me for my first Christmas, but we had to wait a long time to read it. Now that I'm two and a half, I enjoy reading these stories with my mommy. I can't believe how many stories are in this book! We have to use a bookmark! I like all the animal adventures. ( )
  dubbadee | Mar 7, 2012 |
Deze dame is geweldig! Wat zij gedaan heeft met haar boeken en de opbrengst hiervan is remarkable... Een echte levensstory, gr,bj
  23dingenvoormusea | Dec 13, 2010 |
I grew up with Beatrix potter’s stories, and used to get my parents to read them to me all the time. This anthology of her work is a great book that can be read out loud to children and is mostly about animals found around a common farm. Some of the stories do have some questionable content like rabbit threatened to be eaten or animals getting trapped but I remember not being effected by that at all, in fact that made the ending even better. It’s great when a small animal out wits the human that’s threatening them.

The book is formatted so that each important portion of the story has a page to itself and an illustration of what’s going on. This is great it a child wants to flip through the book themselves and will engaged them in the story. The pictures are beautifully drawn with rich colors that are very appealing to young and old eyes, and add more to the story. It visually shows just how clever a young rabbit is feeling or how a little kitten feels about getting dirty, much better than words could. ( )
  ChelseaSaysRawr | Dec 7, 2010 |
I love this book.
  A.S.Koch | Sep 12, 2010 |
Do NOT combine with "The complete adventures of Peter Rabbit" or the Complete Adventures of another character - these are a subset of the complete tales.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 072325804X, Hardcover)

"I cannot draw you a picture of Peter and Benjamin underneath the basket," writes Beatrix Potter in The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, "because it was quite dark, and because the smell of onions was fearful; it made Peter Rabbit and little Benjamin cry." Beatrix Potter's animal stories, the first of which was published in 1902, have been a joy to generations of young readers. This deluxe volume collects all of Beatrix Potter's 23 Peter Rabbit tales and verses together--complete and unabridged--in one book. All the original illustrations, both color and black and white, are included. The stories are arranged in the order in which they were first published to enable them to be read in the proper sequence, from A Tale of Peter Rabbit to The Tale of Little Pig Robinson. Beatrix Potter's tales were often connected with real places, people, or animals, so each story also includes a brief introductory note about its history. For example, "The story of naughty Peter Rabbit in Mr. McGregor's garden first appeared in a picture letter Beatrix Potter wrote to Noel Moore, the young son of her former governess, in 1893." In addition to the original 23 tales, this edition contains two early narrative picture sequences, Three Little Mice and The Rabbit's Christmas Party. And, there are two charming little stories, The Sly Old Cat and The Fox and the Stork, which were originally intended to be worked up into books, but remained unpublished. This beautiful introduction to the world of Beatrix Potter is sure to remain on the family bookshelf for generations to come. (Baby to Preschool)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:55 -0400)

This beautiful, deluxe volume contains all 23 of Potter's Peter Rabbit tales. Arranged in the order in which they were first published, the stories are complete and unabridged. Full color.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Five editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0723257639, 0723264538, 0723267332, 0723268010, 0723268126

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,024,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible