Sentenced to prism by Alan Dean Foster
Authors:Alan Dean Foster
Info:1985.

Sentenced to Prism by Alan Dean Foster

2006 Review:
man is hired by unscrupulous company to help exploit new world. He goes, becomes part of the world, helps bring in Prism to the Commonwealth.

2014 Review:

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com by express permission of this reviewer   Title: Sentenced to Prism Series: HumanX Commonwealth Author: Alan Dean Foster Rating: 4 of 5 Stars Genre: SFF   Synopsis: Evan  Orgil, Fixer for a large Corporate Entity, is sent to a newly discovered world to see why their Exploration Team has suddenly stopped communicating. Everything is under the down low, as the world should be explored by the Commonwealth Authority before being exploited. Orgil has lived his entire life in various powered suits and for his trip to Prism, he gets a prototype super suit to keep him safe. Of course, you all know what that means.   My Thoughts: When I read this back in 2000 and in 2006, I gave it 5 Stars both times. It was a lot of fun, it was standalone and I found the world of Prism to be pretty unique.   This time around, I still found all those elements applicable. However, in the last couple of years I've read a tiny  bit about biology and you know what I've discovered, our bodies are truly fearfully and wonderfully made. So Foster's asides about how inefficient and simple our biology is and how the sentients on Prism just replaced things with silicon and made them better rang completely false. That is why I knocked a star off, because I know better now.   With all that being said, this was still just a great fun ride! I would consider this a classic SFF read. To bad this isn't more widely known. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Not my favorite of his, but still a great story, and I often think of it when I read other books where the author seem to be circling vaguely around the same plot but not doing it half as well and as powerfully. ( )
  Inky_Fingers | Jan 5, 2013 |
Substance: Rival exploiters clash on newly-discovered planet. Arrogant hero gets humbled. Mostly an exercise in wildly imaginative alien life-forms, based on silicon, mostly photovores. Some philosophical speculation on the value of collective / community living vs. independence and individualism, with points made for each.
Interesting method of communication, but ultimately implausible.
Style: Breeezy. Lots of logical and factual inconsistencies. Basically a travelogue until mid-way, then a shoot-em-up.
NOTES: ( )
  librisissimo | Feb 6, 2012 |
For old school sci-fi fans, this one is a must! Fascinating story and likable characters make this a fun read. ( )
  Rob.Larson | Aug 5, 2011 |
HUMANX COMMONWEALTH
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |

Alan Dean Fosterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Shaw, BarclayCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Lithuanian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,685,113 books! | Top bar: Always visible