The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde by Oscar…

The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde (1943)

by Oscar Wilde

English (15)  Spanish (2)  All languages (17)
I love Oscar Wilde. I love his plays, I love his short stories, I love his novel. Let's not talk about the poetry. ( )
  akaGingerK | Sep 30, 2018 |
This is a single-volume collection of Oscar Wilde's texts. It contains his only novel, The Portrait of Dorian Gray as well as his plays, stories, poems, essays and letters.
  Cultural_Attache | Jul 13, 2018 |
i love Wilde in all shapes and forms, but it's certainly his 'fairy stories' i like best. ( )
  crowspeaks | Oct 16, 2015 |
Having skipped my senior year, I never had to read "The Picture of Dorian Gray." Frankly, I'm glad. I enjoyed it much more as a vain, aging 42-year old than I could possibly have as a 17-year old sure of my immortality. An excellent story -- one chapter got way too bogged down in the description of the finer things in life, but other than that, it was a fine piece of writing. The fables are wonderfully witty, biting social commentary thinly disguised as fairy tales. "The Remarkable Rocket" was wonderful in its treatment of idiotic society types. A lovely piece of work.

The poetry, however, was far too bogged down in classical references to hold any attraction for me. His essays, particularly 'De Profundis,' were entirely too self-involved and self-congratulatory. His obvious sense of superiority, as well as his blind devotion to a self-involved idiot left me cold. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 13, 2014 |
Excellent a true master of literature! ( )
  bennyb | Jan 17, 2011 |

Wilde, Oscarprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Foreman, J. B.Editorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Holland, VyvyanIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Maine, G. F.Editorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Please do not combine works of Oscar Wilde with complete works of Oscar Wilde  unless you are really really sure they are complete. Also do not combine with The Collected Oscar Wilde from Barnes and Noble Classics series as it is not a complete work of Oscar Wilde.

The Collins Complete Works of Oscar Wilde is the only truly complete and authoritative single-volume edition of Oscar Wilde’s works, and is available in both paperback and this hardback edition.

Continuously in print since 1948, the Collins Complete Works of Oscar Wilde has long been recognised as the most comprehensive and authoritative single-volume collection of Wilde’s texts available, containing his only novel, The Portrait of Dorian Gray, as well as his plays, stories, poems, essays and letters, all in their most authoritative texts.

Illustrated with many fascinating photographs, the book includes introductions to each section by Merlin Holland (Oscar’s grandson), Owen Dudley Edwards, Declan Kiberd and Terence Brown.

Also included is a comprehensive bibliography of works by and about Oscar Wilde, and a chronological table of his life and work.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:07 -0400)

"Here is a collection of this witty and irreverent author's works--all in their most authoritative texts. Includes The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Importance of Being Earnest, and other stories and essays."--BOOK JACKET.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,603,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible