How to Read a Person Like a Book by Gerard…

How to Read a Person Like a Book (original 1971; edition 1979)

by Gerard nierenberg

Member:George.Roman.Library
Title:How to Read a Person Like a Book
Authors:Gerard nierenberg
Info:Pocket (1979), Paperback
Tags:Personology

How to Read a Person Like a Book by Gerard I. Nierenberg (1971)

Psychology
  mumoftheanimals | Jun 5, 2015 |
If you are interested in adding another facet to your skills on the art of negotiation, this book will help you in doing exactly that.

Human Kinetics has been around for a while and has a lot of study and research to back its claims. The authors have used that research and knowledge in their business and consulting relationships to "read" the person(s) at the other end of the negotiating table. This book is a result, tried and true gestures and attitudes that help you read a person.

This book is not just for business negotiators. I find it very valuable to use even when I talk to persons one or one, in a social gathering, etc. It makes my life a bit easier if I can "read" a person and see if they are really interested in what I have to say, Vice versa, if they "seem" to be genuine in their speech, etc.

This book goes through various gestures and how those relate to certain attitudes. Facial gestures, hand gestures, feet gestures and how you carry your self as a whole.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this book, now I have to make sure to try and memorize/remember what the myriad of gestures mean! ( )
  AnilLevi | Mar 3, 2015 |
book of non-verbal cues people give off - mostly obvious. ( )
  bkleinwort | May 4, 2007 |
Head inclined. Hand in front of the mouth, open palm, eyes holding yours. Telegraph what a person is really feeling underneath the words he -- or she -- is using and the body never lies!
This illustrated, no-nonsense manual by two experts in the field of negotiation shows you how to spot the hidden social, sexual and emotional messages that we all send to each other -- with our bodies.
Find out how to:-
- detect and send messages of friendliness and flirtation.
- keep the upper hand in arguments and negotiations.
- tell whether the person you're talking to is lying.
- recognize and overcome boredom and defensiveness.
- succeed in many other delicate situations.
Now you can learn quickly what is always going on in every human exchange by knowing the oldest and truest vocabulary of all!
A comprehensive handbook for your business, family and social life.
  rajendran | Feb 19, 2007 |

Nierenberg, Gerard I.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Calero, Henry H.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Grayson, Gabrielmain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Learning is acquired by reading books, but the much more necessary learning, the knowledge of the world, is only to be acquired by reading men, and studying all the various editions of them.
--Lord Chesterfield, "Letters to His Son"
To Juliet and Barbara
An airport is an excellent spot for viewing the entire human emotional spectrum.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671735578, Mass Market Paperback)

The body never lies. A tilt of the head, a crossing or uncrossing of the legs, even the buttoning or unbuttoning of a jacket, can speak pages about what a person is thinking or feeling about his or her immediate surroundings and situation. More importantly, it can tell a great deal about how one person reacts to another. To be able to recognize the meaning of these cues and to be able to respond to them in the manner one chooses is the art at the center of this provocative book. How to Read a Person Like a Book is an illustrated guide on learning how to spot the hidden messages that we send to each other with our bodies.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:35 -0400)

Learn what your friend, your lover, your boss are really saying to you--in the language that everybody uses but nobody speaks--body language! From the renowned founder of The Negotiation Institute Gerard Nierenberg comes this easy to use guide to improving your ability to communicate with other people. Whether conscious or not of our bodies' movements, we express our feelings, attitudes, and motives through gestures that are often vague and frequently ignored. How to Read a Person Like a Book teaches you how to "decode" and reply to nonverbal signals from strangers, friends, and business associates, allowing you to: gain command of business and social situations; sharpen your negotiating skills; recognize signals of affection and attraction; enrich your knowledge of body language; and much more! Learn the clues that make reading people easy. Gerard Nierenberg's proven techniques for gaining control of negotiations, detecting lies, or recognizing signals of affection and sexual attraction will dramatically improve your understanding of others, giving you the advantage of added insight into all social and business situations.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,314,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible