The Alpha and the Omega: An absurd…

by H. M. Charley Ada (Author)

Member:dayverampas
Title:The Alpha and the Omega: An absurd philosophical tale about God, the end of the world, and what's on the other planets (Volume 1)
Authors:H. M. Charley Ada (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2014), Edition: 1, 304 pages
Tags:to-read

The Alpha and the Omega: An absurd philosophical tale about God, the end of the world, and what's on the other planets (Volume 1) by H. M. Charley Ada

3.5 Stars... (When, oh when, will we be allowed to include half starts in our ratings? )

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Our main character, Zack, a Wall Street guy, has God appear in front of him one day announcing that he is bringing heaven to earth and that Zack has earned a place there in spite of his atheism, because he was a good person. Once there, God pairs him with Lilly, a feisty public defender who questions everything, even God and heaven.

What follows is an interesting take on the nature of heaven and an individual's perception of what it should be. After the pair travel to another planet in hopes of saving some lost souls, the story begins to loosely follow the story of Adam Ave Eve in the garden of Eden.

I was initially a little disappointed with his vision for his God character. That is, until his "counterpart" is introduced and the debate on whether the primary goal of life is the pursuit of happiness or the pursuit of knowledge. The explanation of their relationship was clever and intriguing

The novel is full of creativity, humor and wit and unique ideas. It was more light hearted than I anticipated but that is not a criticism at all. It was simultaneously fun and thought provoking for someone like me who really wants to know "what lies beyond". There were times when the dialog between characters dragged out a bit, but in all a very enjoyable story. ( )
  BlackAsh13 | Jan 30, 2016 |
To be completely honest I did not finish the book. Being a christian I felt wrong for reading it because of how much it conflicted with my religion, it literally made me sick to my stomach. If you are a strong christian I suggest not reading it, but if you aren't I would say give it a shot. ( )
  Emily_Nerdfighter | Sep 27, 2014 |
Quite unique. I have never read a book like this before. It has philosophy and humor. It makes you think, while making you laugh. I think it is brilliant! ( )
  croknot1 | Aug 11, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

H. M. Charley Ada's book The Alpha and the Omega: An absurd philosophical tale was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,447,099 books! | Top bar: Always visible