The Memory Box: An unputdownable…

The Memory Box: An unputdownable psychological thriller (edition 2014)

by Eva Lesko Natiello (Author)

Member:BrendaD1123
Title:The Memory Box: An unputdownable psychological thriller
Authors:Eva Lesko Natiello (Author)
Info:Fine Line Publishing (2014), 360 pages
Rating:**

The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello

What can I say other than - I truly loved it and couldn't stop reading, even forgoing my much needed beauty sleep! The bags under my eyes are more like suitcases now thanks to this book 😂😂
If you are a fan of psychological thriller's than seriously, you need to read this ( )
  DebTat2 | Oct 15, 2018 |
I didn't read a full synopsis before reading this book, and while I love books in the suspense/thriller category, I could not get into this book. At about the 45% mark, I was ready to give up. I couldn't stand the narrator. The author was trying to build suspense, but it was at the expense of what seemed like a ditzy, unreliable narrator. Why is this all coming to light now? Why is no one helping her? How on earth can her husband leave her with two kids if she can barely function on her own?
I kept going, and finished the book and was even more disappointed than I was at the 45% mark. The end didn't resolve anything, and the same issues that I had throughout the book just came to light even more. The reader gets some answers, but the "twist" wasn't really a twist. Overall, I did not like the book and would not recommend it. ( )
  Sbojo32 | Sep 7, 2018 |
The premise sounded intriguing in a Memento kind of way, so I willingly suspended my disbelief and dug in. But as the story moved on, eye rolls became winces, winces became groans, and groans became slaps to the forehead until I had no choice but end my disbelief's undeserved timeout. I have a general rule not to read novels with writers as the main character. Alas, I shouldn't have broken it for this one. ( )
  mtbass | Sep 7, 2018 |
Wow. What a roller coaster ride. I definitely didn't see the end coming at all. So I listened to this book on audible and the narrator was absolutely perfect for this story. I loved how she brought it to live with her voice changes and such. A thriller and suspenseful book that will keep wondering what is going on until the end. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
This book pulled me in so many different directions. While Caroline was coming apart I kept thinking who forgets most of their life and invents a new one? What kind of trauma does someone have to have for memory loss that significant to happen. Then there were twists and turns that I didn't see coming. It was hard to put this book down. And then the big reveal. Whoa!

This was a really good book and well worth the time to read. ( )
  MHanover10 | Feb 4, 2018 |

Eva Lesko Natielloprimary authorall editionscalculated
Campbell, CassandraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

What would you do if you searched your own past and uncovered something shocking? In this gripping domestic thriller, a group of privileged suburban moms amuse themselves by Googling everyone in town, digging up dirt to fuel thorny gossip. Caroline Thompson, devoted mother of two, sticks to the moral high ground and attempts to avoid these women. She’s relieved to hear her name appears only three times, citing her philanthropy. Despite being grateful that she has nothing to hide, a delayed pang of insecurity prods Caroline to Google her maiden name—which none of the others know. The hits cascade like a tsunami. Caroline’s terrified by what she reads. An obituary for her sister, JD? That’s absurd. With every click, the revelations grow more alarming. They can’t be right. She’d know. Caroline is hurled into a state of paranoia—upending her blissful family life—desperate to prove these allegations false before someone discovers they’re true. The disturbing underpinnings of The Memory Box expose a story of deceit, misconceptions, and an obsession for control. With its twists, taut pacing, and psychological tenor, Natiello's page-turning suspense cautions: Be careful what you search for.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:59 -0400)

In this gripping thriller, a group of privleged suburban moms amuse themselves by Googling everyone in town, digging up dirt to fuel throny gossip. Caroline Thompson, devoted mother of two, is relieve to hear her name appears only three times, citing her philanthropy. However, a delayed pag of insecurity prods Caroline to Google her maiden name-- which none of the others know. The hits cascade like a tsunami. Caroline's terrified by what she reads. An obituary for her sister, JD? That's absurd. With every click, the revelations grow more alarming. They can't be right. She'd know. Caroline is hurled into a state of paranoia -- upending her blissful family life -- desperate to prove these allegations false before someone discovers they're true.… (more)

Eva Lesko Natiello is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,550,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible