Orbs II: Stranded by Nicholas Sansbury Smith

Orbs II: Stranded

by Nicholas Sansbury Smith

Series: Orbs (2)

203515,329 (3.5)2

Orbs is a science fiction thriller that keeps you cringing and worrying about what's out there and what could happen if it came here! Set in the far future, earth is in trouble- we've abused natural resources and now, what's left is wanted by another more ominous, vicious being. Can humanity be saved? The Orbs series, written by Nicholas Sansbury Smith, is one of the best sci-fi tales I've read this year so far!

Oh the humanity! This was SO Good! The story was action packed and so full of explanation. Filled with bigger and smarter monsters Orbs II: Stranded was a pleaser!

​ The team is tired of reacting to the attacks of the Organics and decide to take themselves of a few missions. Discoveries are made, inner-strengths are formed and lives are sacrificed and even lost. Can they fight, or possibly even defeat the alien creatures? And will they find out who's working the worker beings?

​ I'm almost sad this series is about to end! It's amazing, the creatures, the action, everything about this book says Share with the world! You've gotta check it out.

Check out the series review by visiting http://www.areneehunt.com/the-reviews/the-orbs-series-by-nicholas-sansbury-smith

Orbs
Nicholas Sansbury Smith
Simon & Shuster
October 7, 2014 ( )
  AReneeHunt | Jun 5, 2017 |
The story from "Orbs I" continues, with the gang from the Colorado bio-dome developing a device that can destroy the aliens force shields. They are joined by some military characters from a submarine who have a super military helicopter.

While they make some progress against the aliens, the planet seems pretty doomed. I'll be curious to see how this plays out in the third book, as it's difficult to picture that there is any recovery possible for the planet.

So . . . all the water is being sucked out of the planet, and out of all the beings that have bodies that are largely water (yes, humans, that's mostly what we are!).

I gave this three stars as I like the ideas well enough, but would like a bit more character development and a little less action (I can only read about the alien spider attacks so many times before my eyes just glaze over). Sometimes it seems that the behaviors are a bit juvenile and silly when humanity is being wiped out right and left, but who knows, maybe people would really act that way. I just haven't felt attached to any of the characters yet. But I"m in for the third book, just to find out what happens. :) ( )
  lynetterl | Apr 13, 2015 |
This is the second book in the series. I would like to note that I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. Aliens scare me to death. In this book, I already knew about the Aliens, so they were a little less scary. I knew the characters, that's nice as well. We know where we stand and what is going on. Well when I say that the Aliens we less scary and that I already knew the characters, I am really saying I thought I had these Aliens' number and I had all the characters stuck in their little comfy boxes. Its nice to be pleasantly surprised. The story did not go in the direction I assumed and there were some unexpected twists and the Aliens got even more scary. My major complaint is that there is obviously going to be 3rd book for me to read. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,403 books! | Top bar: Always visible