Villain Keeper (Last Dragon Charmer) by…

Villain Keeper (Last Dragon Charmer)

by Laurie McKay

263415,071 (4)None

Villain Keeper by Laurie McKay is the first book of The Last Dragon Charmer series. Prince Caden wants to be an Elite Paladin, but his father, King Axel, sends Caden away and Caden isn't sure why his father would do that without having the Elite Paladin ceremony. He ends up in Asheville, North Carolina with Brynne, a sorceress, and his horse Sir Horace.

This was a fun story. Fast paced and imaginative. I can't wait to read the next installment!

I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and all opinions are my own. ( )
  feeroberts64 | Jun 2, 2017 |
Adult Reader Reaction: As someone who has visited Asheville, NC, the story offered a familiar setting ... and a little extra fun. While Brynne seems to have immediately become "a local," Caden has not. They provide both humor and reflection. Fantasy is not my favorite genre, but this is an enjoyable (if somewhat predictable) read. I'm looking forward to Book 2.

Pros: Magic, adventure, and (grudging) friendship combine in this action-packed fantasy for dragon seekers and dragon slayers! The story is set in high school, and may be attractive for high interest / low reading level readers.

Read whether we recommend buying or borrowing this book in the full review at The Reading Tub®. You can add your review, too.
  TheReadingTub | Oct 26, 2015 |
I quite liked the reverse portal fantasy setup and the world that Caden comes from. It was interesting to see the realistic way Caden's appearance in our world was handled including foster care and counseling for his delusions. Loved the dragons though I hope to see more of them in the sequel ;). Caden noticed Brynne's beauty a bit too often for my taste though ha. ( )
  anyaejo | Aug 12, 2015 |

The first book in an epic new series for fans of The School for Good and Evil and The Land of Stories.

All his life, Prince Caden has dreamed of slaying a dragon. But before he has the chance, he is ripped from his home in the Great Winterlands of Razzon and finds himself in Asheville, North Carolina—a land with no magic and no dragons.

Or so he thinks. The longer Caden spends in Asheville, the more he comes to realize that there is unexpected and dangerous magic in this strange land. There just may be dragons here, too. But what if Caden's destiny isn't to slay a dragon, after all?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:51 -0400)

Laurie McKay is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,902,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible