Jimi & Isaac 1a: School Soccer by Phil Rink

Jimi & Isaac 1a: School Soccer

by Phil Rink

212,551,640 (3)None
Recently added byamyruotsala, PhilRink

These author was featured in our local newspaper. Wanting to give a local author a try, I ordered all five of his books. I am going to read two or three more to get a good idea of what his style is like, but I wanted to like this book more than I did. It was about two boys who are beginning middle school with a new soccer coach. She pushes them to be more aggressive in their game and they find out a pretty amazing secret with her. I am not sure if it was the topic of soccer that I did not particularly care for or his writing style. It seems like there is more to the characters than was written in this book. I'm not sure how I would use this in the library other than it may get a few reluctant readers (boys) to read. ( )
  amyruotsala | Apr 8, 2016 |

Jimi and Isaac are rock stars, epic heroes, intellectuals, and loving sons. They are wise and foolish, sublime and earthy. They are middle school boys. They may also be the best soccer players that ever started middle school. Isaac's dad coached their rec league team while they were growing up, so they've learned pretty much all there is to know about the beautiful game. Except middle school soccer is different, their middle school soccer coach is completely different, and even middle school music is different. Nothing makes sense anymore. But Jimi and Isaac never quit. They don't know how.… (more)

Phil Rink is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible