Still Firetalking by Patricia Polacco

Still Firetalking

by Patricia Polacco

621,268,033 (4)None

It is a book move on something which she wrote in 1st firetalking. What I learn from Patricia Polacco is to be delicate. When I look at her images, I just feel elegant. This elegant she emits is precisely because she has a normal heart towards her life. She looked at life carefully from her childhood, and she remembered all the firetalking which her grandmother brought to her childhood. This is the most beautiful memories in childhood of people's life. So she overcame the reading barrier with the help of the teacher and became an excellent artist. With the love to children's literature, she published a lot of beautiful picture books for each child. Her books virtually bring her fantastic fantasies to all the children.
Biography: Its own definition: bio=life, graphy=writing. This specialized variety of nonfiction writing focuses on the lives of human beings- usually, people who are famous. ( )
  JCHEN16 | Mar 6, 2017 |
4 1/2 stars

This is an excellent picture book autobiography, her second one. This book was published 20 years after her first picture book autobiography. I enjoyed both. I would have loved even more. I’d love it if she wrote a full-length illustrated autobiography for adults, teens, and older children. Most of her picture books are geared to older kids. Only a relative few are for preschoolers.

The author covers a bit about her entire life and she explains how some of her books are based on events in her life or her relatives' lives.

Us readers who’ve read many of Polacco’s picture books, many biographical about herself and her family and ancestors it can be confusing because it seems as though her family history is really diverse. This account explains this and how it is true.

I like how Polacco explains her writing and illustrating processes and how she works with editors, etc. It’s useful information for children who aspire to writing and/or illustrating books, especially children’s picture books.

The book is text heavy but it is full of many photos as well. While not containing anywhere near a full-length book’s amount of biographical information, it does cover many aspects of her life and feels full of details.

The combination of writing and photos is so engaging and interesting. Even if this is a reader’s first Polacco book I think they will enjoy it, but I especially enjoyed it since I’ve read all the books she mentions in the account. In fact, I now have only one book by her left to read; I have a library copy at home and plan to read it soon. At least I think there is just the one. I’ll have to check her website and Goodreads to make absolutely sure. A number in this book confused me.

The author lives in Union City, Michigan, though she used to live part of the time in my vicinity, and a few of her books have settings in my area.

Polacco is now 72 years old. I hope there will be many more books created by her and published. She’s one of my very favorite picture books authors. I want more books!

Recommended for all readers ages 7 and up (probably the target age is 8-11) who’ve enjoyed at least one other Patricia Polacco book, for any kids who have learning differences, for any kids who enjoy writing and/or art and for any kids who are interested in authors and artists/illustrators and in writing/illustrating and what it entails.

My library didn’t have this book but finally purchased it because of my request. They seem to have every other Polacco book in circulation. It looks as though this is the first review for this book at Goodreads and there aren’t that many ratings either. ( )
  Lisa2013 | Nov 16, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,637,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible