Handcuffs & High Heels: A Ruby Wisdom…

Handcuffs & High Heels: A Ruby Wisdom Mystery

by J.M. Edwards

This is both a lighthearted romance and a book of sleuthing by private eye Ruby Wisdom. It was easy to read, somewhat predictable and rather fun. It reminded me of a Janet Evanovich book, for some reason, so I would recommend it to those who like her books.

I received a copy of this book through Librarything’s author giveaway program in exchange for a review of the book. ( )
  CathyGeha | Jan 3, 2015 |
4 STARS

This is a light hearted cozy mystery. It was pretty good at keeping you guessing who the murder was. No one liked the victim, lots of suspects & money. Lots of humor, drama, & characters in the small town of Wormwood, New York.

It has a charming, wity, smart and divorced woman P.I. as the main character, Ruby Wisdom. She uses a lot of big words and sayings she is always having to explain to everyone. It makes it seem like everyone is stupid around Ruby. Ruby's ex-husband is the Sheriff.

Ruby is hired to find out if the husband is cheating with his accountant at the car dealer. The whole town knows he is cheating with a couple of ladies. The town is small so everyone knows everyone elses business. Ruby is always trying to keep her clients secrets and other sources too. But she is always seen talking to someone.

So I think all the explaining Ruby does about her words and sayings is too much by the end I was really getting annoyed with everyone else coming off dumb. Also I think it was a little bit much about the gossip around the small town. But overall I did enjoy Handcuffs & High Heels. I would read another book featuring Ruby.

I was given this ebook so I could give an honest review and be part of Handcuffs & High Heels blog tour. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Nov 2, 2014 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. Just the right amount of mystery to keep it interesting, didn't want to put it down.
  llynnh | Oct 27, 2014 |
A free copy was provided by the author via LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review

ARC; In a small town, Ruby, to local PI is investigating a business man's infidelity for the wife, until he winds up dead. So instead of that investigation, it becomes an unofficial murder investigation. The book has explicit language, unusual material, and to me, was full of just plan campy fun. ( )
  nancynova | Aug 30, 2014 |
Ruby Wisdom is the only P.I. in her small town, Wormwood, NY, where, as can be expected, everyone knows everyone else’s business. Ruby is hired by Violet, wife of the town car dealer, to determine and get evidence on her cheating husband. As Ruby gathers evidence, things move to a new level when the husband is killed. How does this impact on Ruby’s investigation? Who is responsible for the death? There are numerous twists and turns presented as Ruby and the reader weave their way toward a solid conclusion and answer. I loved the characters, though many of them were definitely quirky. Some of these include Ruby’s ex, the town sheriff, her aunt and uncle who seem to find love in their constant bickering about just about everything and anything and her mother. This is a great story and cozy mystery, with, at least for me, a surprise ending. I loved reading about the town, its residents and about Ruby in particular. I hope there will be many more Ruby Wisdom books, as I could grow to love her, her small town and the quirky residents. I think anyone who enjoys a good mystery with a solid dose of humor will like this book. This is, in my opinion, a keeper. I received this from Library Thing to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Aug 23, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

J.M. Edwards's book Handcuffs & Highheels: A Ruby Wisdom Mystery was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

J.M. Edwards is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,414,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible