Every Living Thing by James Herriot

I got a hard bound copy of this for $1 at the Agoura Library book sale today. The sale is every Saturday from 10-4 in the basement. Lots of books and great deals! Most paperbacks are .50, and you can even request books that they'll set aside for you from incoming donations. ( )
  tkcs | Feb 23, 2019 |
Well, I've been thinking about Herriot's books for decades, ever since I first read them. Finally had an opportunity to fit one into a group challenge. I'm not sure I ever did read this one before or not, but in any case I did enjoy it just as much as I hoped that I would. Such quick, sweet stories, with a fair bit of educational value, too. Ok, so maybe much of what I learned could only be used to win more games of Trivial Pursuit (t), but it's still interesting stuff. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Oh, how I loved this book! I laughed until I cried when I read his experience with the introduction of artificial insemination in cattle. This was a poignant story, in many ways, as it showed the original trio of James, Sigfried and Tristan had grown up and moved on with their adult lives. A wonderful conclusion to the series. As always, James Herriot brought me to laughter and tears in the same book. This is a must-read for any animal lover. I also enjoyed the audio book. There aren't too many books I want to read/hear more than once, but I return to James Herriot over and over. ( )
  3lilreds | Feb 26, 2016 |
Country Vert
  christinejoseph | Jan 7, 2016 |
Not quite up to the same level as Herriot's first four books — which still places it miles above many other books! ( )
  baroquem | Nov 5, 2013 |
Be fruitful and multiple, and replenish the earth and subdue it: and have dominion over all the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
To my revered and elderly friends, Polly and Bodie
I am never at my best in the early morning, especially the cold mornings you get in the Yorkshire spring when a piercing March wind sweeps down from the fells, finding its way inside clothing, nipping at noses and ears.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312950586, Mass Market Paperback)

Celebrate the return of the most beloved storyteller of our time!

At long last, another treat from Herriot!

Herriot works his magic again!

Herriot really does love Every Living Thing...and so will you!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:05 -0400)

Celebrate the return of the most beloved storyteller of our time! The waiting is finally over. For the first time in over a decade, the world's favorite veterinarian, James Herriot, returns us in a twinkle to the rural green enclave of England called Yorkshire for more irresistible tales of animals and people. At long last, another treat from Herriot! In stories of wonders great and small, James reintroduces many old friends like Mrs. Pumphrey, his partner Siegfried Farnon, and of course, his wife Helen. But there are wonderful new faces too, especially his children Rosie and Jimmy, and his latest assistant, Calum Buchanan. Herriot works his magic again! Offering readers an even more intimate view of the life and dreams of a country vet than any of his previous volumes, James Herriot's Every Living Thing is a book that will warm your heart, make you laugh out loud, and feel so good you'll never want it to end. Herriot really does love Every Living Thing...and so will you! The international bestseller, finally in paperback. Every Living Thing is famed veterinarian James Herriot's first new volume of memoirs in over a decade, and from its opening pages, the reader's every expectation is fulfilled. Excerpted in McCall's and Good Housekeeping. Reader's Digest Condensed Book. Martin's. (Animals)… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,869,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible