Every Living Thing by James Herriot

Every Living Thing (1992)

by James Herriot

Oh, how I loved this book! I laughed until I cried when I read his experience with the introduction of artificial insemination in cattle. This was a poignant story, in many ways, as it showed the original trio of James, Sigfried and Tristan had grown up and moved on with their adult lives. A wonderful conclusion to the series. As always, James Herriot brought me to laughter and tears in the same book. This is a must-read for any animal lover. I also enjoyed the audio book. There aren't too many books I want to read/hear more than once, but I return to James Herriot over and over. ( )
  3lilreds | Feb 26, 2016 |
Country Vert
  christinejoseph | Jan 7, 2016 |
Not quite up to the same level as Herriot's first four books — which still places it miles above many other books! ( )
  baroquem | Nov 5, 2013 |
This re-publication of Herriot's stories has brought them alive to a new generation and I, for one, are sad to have finished the last of the five books with their attractive covers.

A settled married man, and a bit older, James muses on his veternary exploits in another heartwarming and funny narrative. In this book James and family finally leave the draughtly but much loved Skeldale House for their own cosy home. Wonderful new faces are introduced which include a couple of interesting assistants.

I love the ending, the story of what he regards as one of his greatest triumphs. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | Aug 3, 2013 |
Another fine James Herriot book. This one has Collum and the badger involved. I just really enjoy these books. I am thinking about giving them to my niece. I think she'd enjoy them as well. ( )
  purlewe | Mar 31, 2013 |
Be fruitful and multiple, and replenish the earth and subdue it: and have dominion over all the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
To my revered and elderly friends, Polly and Bodie
I am never at my best in the early morning, especially a cold morning in the Yorkshire spring with a piercing March wind sweeping down from the fells, finding its way inside my clothing, nipping at my nose and ears.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312950586, Mass Market Paperback)

Celebrate the return of the most beloved storyteller of our time!

The waiting is finally over. For the first time in over a decade, the world's favorite veterinarian, James Herriot, returns us in a twinkle to the rural green enclave of England called Yorkshire for more irresistible tales of animals and people.

At long last, another treat from Herriot!

In stories of wonders great and small, James reintroduces many old friends like Mrs. Pumphrey, his partner Siegfried Farnon, and of course, his wife Helen. But there are wonderful new faces too, especially his children Rosie and Jimmy, and his latest assistant, Calum Buchanan.

Herriot works his magic again!

Offering readers an even more intimate view of the life and dreams of a country vet than any of his previous volumes, James Herriot's Every Living Thing is a book that will warm your heart, make you laugh out loud, and feel so good you'll never want it to end.

Herriot really does love Every Living Thing...and so will you!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:05 -0400)

Veterinarian Herriot continues his delightful recollections of his work among the animals & people of the Yorkshire Dales in the 1950s.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,257,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible