The Rivals by Richard Brinsley Sheridan

The Rivals (1775)

by Richard Brinsley Sheridan

kutheatre | Jun 7, 2015 |
This was witty and amusing with very strongly drawn characters - much better than I was expecting, and a good readthrough. ( )
1 vote atreic | May 15, 2012 |
Saw "The Rivals" in 5th grade with my best friend Matt and his parents at the tiny Park Square Theater in downtown Saint Paul, and loved it.

I bought this copy at the Killarney Bookshop on my honeymoon. (Yes, I got to go book-shopping on my honeymoon: what a lucky man!) ( )
1 vote wenestvedt | Oct 21, 2005 |

Immensely popular comedy of manners featuring such memorable characters as the lovely Lydia Languish, her suitor, Capt. Jack Absolute; and Lydia's aunt — Mrs. Malaprop, cleverly revolves around false identities, romantic entanglements, and parental disapproval. Brilliant comic masterpiece satirizing the pretentiousness and sentimentality of 18th-century society.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:34 -0400)

Immensely popular comedy of manners featuring such memorable characters as the lovely Lydia Languish, her suitor, Capt. Jack Absolute; and Lydia's aunt - Mrs. Malaprop, cleverly revolves around false identities, romantic entanglements, and parental disapproval. Brilliant comic masterpiece satirizing the pretentiousness and sentimentality of 18th-century society.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,339,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible