Just Needs Killin' by Jinx Schwartz

Just Needs Killin' (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #6) by Jinx Schwartz is an audio book I requested and the review is voluntary. This is a strange mystery, atleast different from mysteries I am use to. The two girls of the story break laws, or try to break laws, and don't seem to think anything about it. They somehow get mixed up in the Japanese mafia, find a dead body but don't turn the murder in. Plan a murder, steal precious items, and they don't seem to care too much. (Maybe the friend, not the main gal, Hetta.) Strange story. There is lots of humor, action, adventure, and traveling. The narrator is perfect for this story. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jul 18, 2017 |
Another Hetta adventure! While this is #6 in the series, I read #8 first. While there is clearly a lot of backstory by this time, it did not impact my enjoyment of either of these romps.

While Hetta is clearly an agent of chaos, for good and ill, the plots are pretty implausible- but that's part of the fun. Coincidences abound- despite what Hetta thinks- and it can all get pretty silly. And I am pretty sure that if I mapped out the plotlines, there would be places that simply do not work- but I'm not going to, because they are too much fun.

I also think the characterizations are done well. I'm not sure that any characters are exactly well-rounded, but they are vivid and distinctive. And- even better!- they all have their own agendas and prioritites, and proceed with them leading to both problems and serendipity. Nicely done!

I will likely read more in this series- it's light and entertaining and will not benefit from over-thinking. ( )
  cissa | Feb 23, 2017 |
33 of 75 for 2015. Not much more to say than what I wrote about Just Add Salt. Another fine mess you've got us into, Hetta. More murder and mayhem in Baja California, a lot of it set on a yacht. I'm becoming addicted to Jinx Schwartz's writing, and to her heroine Hetta Coffey. Fact is, I just bought another book in the series--my fourth. Guess that says where my reading tastes are. Enjoyable, fast-paced, fun people, villains. What more can you ask for in a light, enjoyable mystery. ( )
  mtbearded1 | Apr 11, 2015 |
I’m a Hetta Coffey fan. I’ve nearly read all of them. Her mouth and confidence reminds me of myself in a way. When I read I often say to myself, “Nobody appreciates our good sense of humor, do they?” lol. But really, she’s always on some crazy job in Mexico, trying to make some almost honest money. She has the job I want. And the boat to go with it. I will continue to read Jinx, Hetta Coffey escapades. ( )
  mahree | Oct 13, 2014 |

Jinx Schwartz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,021,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible