The Maiden of Ireland by Susan Wiggs

The Maiden of Ireland

by Susan Wiggs

So the thing about romance novels is that I wouldn't ever recommend them to anyone, because it's really a personal choice whether or not you read them.

I read them because every once and a while I read something really critically and need a break, or if I can't sleep. I never buy them, I just borrow them from the library.

This book, as far as romance novels go (my god that cover is terrible) is actually pretty good. The characters a little more complex than I usually expect (despite the occasional sexist remark) and the plot was quite well-thought out.

Overall, Wiggs' novel was easy to read, and I'd consider her in my repertoire of authors I'd pick up when the time comes.

Like I said, I can't really recommend romance novels to anyone, but if it's your thing, and you can get past the clichés and the terrible artwork, it'll be in your local library somewhere. c: ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778316467, Mass Market Paperback)

www.SusanWiggs.com

#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Wiggs sweeps readers away to the misty coast of Ireland in an irresistible tale of falling in love with the enemy…

John Wesley Hawkins was condemned to hang, accused of treason and heresy. As he's transported to the scaffold at Tyburn, however, the Lord Protector steps in and offers him the hand of mercy—if Wesley agrees to travel to Ireland on a dangerous mission into the heart of the Irish resistance against English rule. He'll have to seduce the rebels' secrets from a headstrong Irishwoman, but that shouldn't be a problem for a man of Wesley's reputation….

Caitlin MacBride is mistress of the beleaguered Irish castle Clonmuir, and she makes no secret of her loyalty to her countrymen. She's determined to remain strong for her people, but a wish for true love one evening at sunset yields the one thing that may sway her resolve. When Wesley walks out of the mist that fateful night, Caitlin's faith in the magic of Ireland is briefly restored—until she discovers he's one of the treacherous Englishmen she has spent her life fighting against.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:48 -0400)

Caitlin MacBride is mistress of the beleaguered Irish castle Clonmuir, and she makes no secret of her loyalty to her countrymen. She's determined to remain strong for her people, but a wish for true love one evening at sunset yields the one thing that may sway her resolve. When Wesley walks out of the mist that fateful night, Caitlin's faith in the magic of Ireland is briefly restored--until she discovers he's one of the treacherous Englishmen she has spent her life fighting against.… (more)

Susan Wiggs is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,747,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible