Who Was Marie Curie? by Megan Stine

Who Was Marie Curie?

by Megan Stine

I really enjoyed this chapter book. One reason I enjoyed this chapter book is because of the language. The author described what Marias life was about. The author also described some details about her family members. For instance, Maria’s sister Bronia wanted to attend college. The author talked about “Maria and Bronia [coming] up with a plan. They would talk turns! Bronia would go to Paris first to study, Maria would stay in Poland to earn money for the both of them” This showed how Maria and Bronia worked together so they could eventually both get college degrees. I also liked the illustrations that were included in the chapters’. These help the readers understand what Maria and/or her family members are doing and going through. A third reason I liked the book was because the point of view was in third person. This makes it easier for the readers to follow along with the story. The big idea of this story is to show what Maria Curie life was like and what she went through. ( )
  madelinependergast | Apr 18, 2016 |
This book was okay. I enjoyed the extra facts inserted in the chapters, such as the origin of the Nobel Peace Prize. I also liked how images where shown throughout the book, however, I do wish they were in color instead of blacks and white. The big idea in this book to never be discouraged by those who do not acknowledge you for your hard work. ( )
  tbarne16 | Mar 3, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044847896X, Paperback)

Born in Warsaw, Poland, on November 7, 1867, Marie Curie was forbidden to attend the male-only University of Warsaw, so she enrolled at the Sorbonne in Paris to study physics and mathematics. There she met a professor named Pierre Curie, and the two soon married, forming one of the most famous scientific partnerships in history. Together they discovered two elements and won a Nobel Prize in 1903. (Later Marie won another Nobel award for chemistry in 1911.) She died in Savoy, France, on July 4, 1934, a victim of many years of exposure to toxic radiation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:29 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,056,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible