The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg

The Glass Magician (2014)

by Charlie N. Holmberg

English (33)  Spanish (1)  All (34)
I would like this better if there was less gushing over her instructor. A 19 year old apprentice infatuated with her 30-ish teacher, and his returning the sentiment, is gross. The adventure part is fun, though.

I intend to finish the series. But, probably won't read anything else by this author. ( )
  Kitty.Cunningham | Jul 19, 2017 |
I'm really enjoying this series, it is an interesting magic system! ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
Truly enjoyed this second book of the series. Fantastic read ( )
  laura.w.douglas | Mar 9, 2017 |
I liked the beginning of the book as it brought back elements of the last book that I love, however about 75% in I almost wanted to just stop completely. Ceony seemed to turn into this pathetic, whinny, love sick know-it-all girl. It was disgusting. I hate to see a strong heroine in a book just be reduced to something like this.

Ceony does something dangerous and makes a mistake that puts people in danger and yet she gets all sulky when people get upset. I almost left it on the DNR list, but I powered through.

There is a third and final installment however with how Ceony turned in this one I wonder how she would be in the third book The Master Magician. She need to just understand she is still an apprentice, she doesn't even know all the spells of her craft. I honestly didn't mind the unfurling romance between Ceony and Emery in the beginning. I thought it was cute (even if she is technically his student), but it seemed that it made Ceony not be able to trust that Emery can take care of himself and caused her to make rash and wrong decisions. This book was not horrible by any means however you could say I may be over reacting.

I am going to have to think about reading the third book, I almost feel like I have to. ( )
  NelmsTree | Dec 24, 2016 |
I liked this second book more than the first. The cheesy romance is still there, but the pacing was much better. I wish the magic system made more sense, but it didn't bother me as much this time. Maybe I was just used to it. ( )
  oswallt | Nov 25, 2016 |
Dedicated to my sister Alex, who believed in me before anyone else did.
A late summer breeze wafted through the open kitchen window, making the twenty tiny flames upon Ceony's cake dance back and forth on their candlewicks.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,145,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible