Hank Has a Dream by Rebecca Dudley

Hank Has a Dream

by Rebecca Dudley

I have mixed feelings about this book. While the photos were very cool and colorful, they also really confused me. On one side of the page was a realistic portrayal of Hank’s dream, but the other side of the page was the dream version. I was confused if Hank was actually having this dream, or if he just had a great imagination. When he was floating in his dream he was in the sky with a hot air balloon, but then in the realistic picture, Hank was floating on a log down the river. Was he even dreaming? Also the plot was not very exciting. I know this book was made for younger kids, but there was no conflict or pace really. You turned the page and something else happened in the dream. One page Hank was flying, then twirling, then floating. He did not experience anything to really capture your attention. I think the big message in the book would be to have a great imagination. I believe Hank had the imagination to think he was dreaming in the clouds, which seems like a lot of fun when he was actually laying in grass. A great imagination can lead to fun days anywhere. ( )
  AudreyLast | Feb 22, 2015 |
Hank Has a Dream
I had mixed feelings on “Hank Has a Dream” by Rebecca Dudley. The illustrations were brilliant! Each illustration is a photograph taken of the character that appears to be a bear. Each page is filled with the photograph and there is only one line of text on every other page. The text is very simple. For example, “As I went higher, I felt lighter and lighter.” There is no text on the next page and then the following page reads “I flew so far away.” The book has a very simple plot of retelling the bears dream. I did not feel the story was engaging; however, very young readers may enjoy this book for its simplicity of plot as well as easy to read words. This book could lead to great discussions about dreams in all fashion. The big idea of this story is to tell about the characters dream. ( )
  areyno5 | Oct 1, 2014 |

Hank relates to a friend a dream in which he flies to the sea, past the trees, and over the clouds.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible