Darkness by Laurann Dohner

~ 4.5 Darkness Stars ~

Darkness is book twelve in the New Species series by Laurann Dohner. This series is best read in order, so you can get a feel for the friendships, world building and trials these characters go through.

I don’t know how LDohner does it, but each book gets better and better in this series. WOW! The New Species are finally settling into being free, making a home, and living life for themselves. The mood felt lighter and we had a lot more humor then previous installments.

I had a great time read Darkness. The opening was just priceless. Kat’s boss is such an ass and what he thinks about Kat (OMG). Her boss wants her to infiltrate the New Species, Kat however loves them, and so she has other plans then what her boss wants her to do. I love Darkness and Kat. They where just perfect for each other. I just loved Darkness and that we finally got to learn about his past. It’s not pleasant, but most of the New Species past are not. We get a sense that they are still trying to deal with things that happened to them. These two butt heads, but boy oh boy do we get some HAWT and STEAMY action. The sex games Kat and Darkness play are a little twisted, but work for this couple.

The secondary characters are just as fun. Breeze (love her) is such a cool female and she had some great lines. I would love to see the New Species women hook up and get their HEA’s.

Darkness does not wast any time in getting us into the action and I can wait for more of these Hot Alpha New Species Men. If you enjoy possessive and dominate alpha males and the women who love them, then I highly recommend this series!

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
Paranormal Romance. New Species 12. Kat’s boss wants dirt on the NSO. She is sent to Homeland undercover but gets arrested by Darkness. Darkness is damaged and fears losing control. BDSM. Not even close to the best New Species. OK ( )
  C4RO | Jun 1, 2015 |
Another wonderful read by Ms. Dohner. ( )
  bettysunflower | Mar 27, 2015 |
Really, really good. I missed these guys so freaking much and it was a balm to enter their universe again. I loved Kat and all of her spunk and way of going through her life always thinking first but not being a pain about it. Darkness had his yumminess too, but some of his insecurities about his past started to drag the story and then things started happening so fast and then it got awesome. Loved the ending. ( )
  msralways | Feb 3, 2015 |

Kat has a boss who wants dirt on the NSO. She is sent to Homeland undercover but everything goes wrong as soon as she enters the front gates. She is arrested by a big, powerful, sexy New Species but she is not frightened. He turns her on and things heat up fast between them. Now, she just hopes he does not break her heart. Darkness admires Kat has courage but he cannot trust anything she says. He has not been with a female for years because he knows he is too damaged. He is not mate material, despite his desire to possess her in every way. Darkness fears losing control, the one thing that defines his life. He does not think he can tear down the protective walls he has built, even for her.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,473,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible