Redemption (Reaper) by Jon Grahame

by Jon Grahame

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byChicalicious

No tags.

Reaper and Sandra having come face-to-face with soldiers from Redemption, the new-world government, before are determined to find out what kind of threat they are to haven, "The Federation, and the other communities within the UK. Little do they know that another army, of hooligans, from the North are planning an attack. Can the Blues protect everybody from the last two known uncivilised groups with few death count or is this the end of The Reaper and The Angel of Death.

I didn't find this one as good as the previous two. I'll admit it was good, it was still fast paced, in places, and full of action but it lagged a bit in certain places. It seemed to drag a bit.

I still love the characters although most of my favourites had died. The Angel was as fierce and bad ass as ever. Yank had much more of a role and it was great to finally see more of her personality and development of her character a bit more. The bad guys at Redemption weren't what I was expecting. I was expecting somebody tough and hard core but I was slightly disappointed. Most of them were ultimately cowards, I suspect little man syndrome.

I loved the siege at Redemption. I just love the fast paced action, the gore, the murder, the tactics and strategy. They were outnumbered considerably - they have been in the past and it was obvious they would be again.

I wish the story hadn't lagged and been a bit long winded at times. Having read the first two books I was used to the style of Jon Grahame but even then I was left to guess at times. Some of it was obvious what was to happen. I have to admit I had a chuckle, or two, throughout the book especially when the bad guys were being defeated. ( )
  Chicalicious | Dec 28, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,406,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible