The Blackberry Patch by Gina McKnight

The Blackberry Patch

by Gina McKnight

631,268,033 (3.5)None

Lead a young child through the adventures of experiencing nature while wandering to the Blackberry Patch with this delightful book. The well sketched black and white illustrations, by Benton Rudd, are ready to be colored! There are eighteen pages waiting to be colored in your own creative imagery.
The Book Cover is bright and colorful...One can imagine he/she is there!
Recommended for children ages 6 to 12.
+This book was donated to me by the author. It does obligate me on my review at all. ( )
  LAWonder10 | Jan 11, 2017 |
This short book is perfect for very young children-perhaps as a bedtime story. I spent many hours picking berries as a child. This accounting is vivid and true to life. ( )
  dmerrell | Jul 25, 2016 |
I received the "color-me" edition of the book from the members giveaway. Definitely a read-along with kids between 8-12 as some of the words will be over the kids head and need explaining. That being said, it is a fun read along, color together with kids. Beautiful colorful cover and great pictures inside to add your own color and flair. Fun book. ( )
  AMKee | Jul 5, 2016 |
"The Blackberry Patch is a fun and exciting way for kids to learn about the process of picking wild blackberries from the start to the end. They will learn about the preparation and protection needed, the dangers and challenges that might be encountered, and the beauty to be expected during the process. What really did win me over above all was the near poetic way in which the words of the story were delivered, making it even more fantastic to read. Gina McKnight kept The Blackberry Patch short and sweet, delivering such an exciting read on pages so few and with words so minimal. Through all the preparations, precautions and potential dangers, there is an unmistakable excitement in the narrator's voice as she looks forward to the reward that she will be enjoying at the end of it all. It is a really amazing and exciting read."

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Gina McKnight's book The Blackberry Patch was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Gina McKnight is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,313,060 books! | Top bar: Always visible