The Snow Globe (Amish of Jamesport) by Laura…

The Snow Globe (Amish of Jamesport)

by Laura V. Hilton

122768,668 (5)None

OK... Before you go running off to Amazon, let me warn you that this is a review of a book which is only available for pre-order... right now.
However, I highly recommend that you go pre-order it as soon as you possibly can (like right after you read this awesome review)! It is a WONDERFUL book!
Laura V. Hilton shows that it doesn't matter whether you're Amish or English - love and attraction can take you by surprise and turn your whole world upside down!
The Snow Globe is book 1 of Laura V. Hilton's new series: The Amish of Jamesport and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

This is not just a story that only readers of Amish fiction will enjoy. The clever wit and family dynamics will appeal to anyone who enjoys a good, clean romance.
Sparks fly from the very start of this intriguing romantic adventure!
Esther Beachy wants nothing to do with Viktor Petersheim and Viktor could not be more annoyed with his grandmother's choice of a caretaker. He has returned home to discover a woman in his house - a woman he does not want to be attracted to... but God has other plans. And so do Reuben and Anna Petersheim.

One thing is for sure, we are in for a wonderfully unpredictable experience and I am certain you will be looking forward to the next book as much as I am!
Of course that is one bad thing about getting an advance look - I have to wait that much longer for the next book... unless Laura lets me get an advance look at it too. *fingers crossed*

I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. THANKS Laura! ( )
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
Laura V. Hilton Has Done It Again! Don’t Miss This Book!

Imagine not having a choice to make your own decisions in life. You are told that you have to be completely submissive. In other words, you have no say so what so ever even in the person you are to marry because this has been decided for you since you were very young. Continue imagining for a minute; suppose lies have been told about you and everyone but a few people completely believe those lies. What hope do you have that the real truth will come out? This appears to be Esther Beachy’s lot in life.

What becomes of a young man who leaves the Amish community because living in that community brings immense pain and guilt to him? He knows that he can never become Amish again. After all, he did something so bad that God would never forgive him and he will never forgive himself. Viktor Petersheim is that young man.

When I picked up this book and read through the first page I knew it would be a book I would have a hard time putting down.

There are several scenes in this book that made my blood boil. When you have a mean spirit you are capable of anything.

I loved the romance in this book. I really enjoyed reading about those tender forbidden moments.

Author Laura V. Hilton has a way with Amish fiction stories that will capture your heart and mind for the duration of a book. I am in awe how her books keep getting better and better. I was so engrossed in this book that I couldn’t pull myself away from it. When I had to put it down I couldn’t wait to pick it up again.

If you love Amish fiction you will not want to miss “The Snow Globe.” I loved it and I can’t wait to read more from this author.

I wish to thank the publisher and author for allowing me to read and review this outstanding book. The opinions expressed are mine alone. ( )
  passionforbooks | Aug 3, 2014 |
Esther is pledged to a family-arranged, loveless future, and her destiny appears troubling. Caregiver to an elderly Amish couple, Esther discovers what truly makes a relationship happy and strong. Reuben and Anna Petersheim share a love-filled marriage that Esther dreams about and desires for her own life. The return of Viktor, the Petersheim's errant grandson could be her undoing.

Laura V. Hilton creates real-life drama and passion in her characters that strongly connect the reader to her stories. Her research and knowledge of the Amish lifestyle is a strong point in developing creative yet believable situations that coincide with Amish customs and beliefs. In "The Snow Globe" Esther's relationship with her intended is not a love story, only an obligation. When Viktor is introduced into the story a strong attraction forms between the two, and love becomes the theme. As the main characters face opposition and insurmountable obstacles that stand in the way of a shared life, their love for one another only escalates. Prayer and strong faith are powerful attributes that run throughout this story. The first book in The Amish of Jamesport series starts this series off with an explosive relationship that will take your breath away. I became so attached to the characters in this book that I ached for them when troubles came their way. Pick up a copy of this book and enjoy a roller coaster ride of "verboten" love!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Whitaker House in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
added by NanceeM | editReviewer

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,066,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible