Here Lies Love by Dan Thompson

Here Lies Love

by Dan Thompson

312,001,085 (3)None

This is a coming of age story about a naive young girl,brought up in isolation and unaware of the ways of the world. She has to learn to adapt to the truly dreadful situation she finds herself in and decide whether the struggle to live and live decently is worth the effort or if death and an end to pain is preferable to continued suffering.

The story itself quickly had me in its grip. The characters are strong, well drawn and compelling. Abbey is an interesting character whose fate I quickly became concerned about and wanted a happy ending for her. However the writing style of the author was not to my taste and I often found myself being pulled out of the story in order to look up the definition of some esoteric word choice. This broke the flow of the story and therefore diminished the book as a whole. ( )
  Prairieblossom | Aug 18, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible