Fancy & Adriaan by Haidji

Fancy & Adriaan

by Haidji

Fancy & Adriaan is a wonderfully written quick read. The storyline is simple yet intricate, short yet powerful. The perspective is fresh and the writing style is unique and commendable- it is different then I what I've been reading all these years. The whole idea revolving around the book is deep, profound and has been conveyed in a fine manner. An adventure spun in a beautiful manner, this magical journey is a must read! ( )
  Tanny1322 | Jun 11, 2017 |
I received a signed copy of this book from the author through a giveaway she had on LibraryThing, and the following is my honest opinion.

What child hasn’t read a fairy tale, a fairy tale which involved a fairy and an elf? While this book might seem be one in the way it’s written, it can actually be a love story between two distinctly different adult personalities. One side you’ve got Fancy [the fairy], on one hand she’s quite empathic but on the other she’s quite naïve; on the other side, you’ve got Adriaan [the elf], who’s the total opposite.

When Fancy got her wings, she started to explore the world around her and finally found Adriaan in a tree, a tree he desperately wants to leave, but can’t because he’s unable to think of a way to do it. Fancy frees him, and despite their differences, they developed a simpatico relationship, just like us as adults where we’re able to complete the thoughts of our soulmate; and they fall in love.

But what happens when Fancy desires she wants to leave their world to go to the one where humans dwell. She’s already been denied permission from the Guardian Angel. Being curious, when Fancy finds a hole, a hole in time, she enters it, and is whisk away to the human world.

Since there’s an apparent true love between Fancy and Adriaan, their hearts will always belong to each other, regardless the distance which might be between them. But, does this mean that Fancy will one day return to Adriaan so they could be together once again?

The poetic style Haidji uses in the writing of this short story adds a lot of imagery to it as the story unfolds. This is a quick read which needs to be read more than once to truly appreciate it, which is why I’ve given it 5 STARS. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Jun 3, 2017 |
I received this book from a giveaway , and to be honest i didn't expect it to be this good since i'm not usually a fan of love stories . BUT i actually enjoyed it.

I finished this in less than an hour i think , partly because it is short , but i was very fun to read.

Haidji managed to create a fairy tale story that can be read by all ages , it was just so CUTE , yet it held a realistic dimension , you can relate to the characters' feelings and thoughts yet each reader would interpret them in their own way . it had a different meaning for me.

such a fun light read . i would recommend it if you were in a reading slump and needed something light to get you back up.

here are my favorite quotes :

"Adriaan thought what Fancy felt, and Fancy felt what Adriaan thought."

"His thoughts rather than helping him , created more walls around him" ( )
  Spymer | Apr 28, 2017 |
I think that it was exquisite! The way the author illustrated the feelings and thoughts in two separate beings, being born from one single person. As it is even said there, it was a rare thing to happen, but it did. This created Fancy and Adriaan.

their love was beautiful, it never really tired them or us, because it came naturally. Even when they were separated from each other, they still found a way back to one another. I guess this is what it should be like to finding your soul mate. You complete each other and live like a single soul.

I want to thank the author who recommended & gave me the book. Thank you Haidji ( )
1 vote amde | Mar 4, 2017 |
Honestly, I really liked this book. It was super short and super simple and just really cute and adorable. I absolutely love the cover, which was designed by the author (that is amazing).

The writing has a very fantastical feel to it, which fits the story perfectly. I totally recommend this to all readers, especially to contemporary lovers. The book does have fantastical elements, but the overall feel is that of a contemporary.

It's totally worth the read and would be a pretty edition to your shelf! ( )
1 vote BookAddict3000 | Dec 28, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Haidji's book Fancy & Adriaan was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Haidji is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible