Break the Sky by Nina Lane

Break the Sky

by Nina Lane

Let me start by saying that I have read a couple of Nina's books in the past, and I enjoyed them. So when I agreed to read this, I was expecting the same quality as her other books... I am a little disappointed in this book.

To be honest, it just didn't do anything for me. I was more annoyed throughout the book than anything. I couldn't connect with the characters. The story-line was so-so. Not quite original but had its own originality in it.

I have found myself disliking the "strong alpha-male" these days. They are over done. They are annoying. I find myself irritated with these characters than anything. Now, I am sure many may disagree and feel the opposite as I.

Now Kelsey? I did not like her. I repeat, I did not like her. She was bitchy and stuck-up. She seemed like such a made-up character. I like characters that seem real. She didn't seem real.

Putting all of that aside, the book it a good book. I can see where many enjoy it. My not liking the book as much as I expected is due to my personal taste. If you through my personal taste aside and look at the writing itself, you will have a good book. Nina always writes well. If you are looking for that alpha male book, this is definitely a book for you. If you aren't, I wouldn't suggest reading it. ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
Y bue... ejem.... este lo leí más que nada por los momentos sexys y no me decepcionó.

Tengo que agregar, sin embargo, que la cosificación del muchachito (muchos tatuajes, muchos músculos ahí) fueron un bajón de clima terrible.

En fin, lo de siempre, nada original; pero cumplió su cometido de escenas ... cough, cough ... ya saben.

(¡Cómo me hubiera gustado de adolescente tener todas estas novelas a mano! SEX. SEX EVERYWHERE. Me hubiera ahorrado contacto insatisfactorio e inútil con muchos giles :P)

Sólo para dormirme tranquila después de un jueves muuuy atareado. ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review

Here we have a sexy, hot dominant man, who doesn't want one of those.

The story is scorching hot and easy to read.

Archer is the bad boy and we love bad boys.

Kelsey did annoy me a bit with the constant questioning, but we can't have it all can we.

A book well written and worth a buy

Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review

Here we have a sexy, hot dominant man, who doesn't want one of those.

The story is scorching hot and easy to read.

Archer is the bad boy and we love bad boys.

A book well written and worth a buy

Obsessed-by-Books | Dec 7, 2014 |
Step aside Dean West and hello there Archer. Excuse me for a moment while I just...*faints*

Oh my word this was a scorching hot read. I absolutely loved the glimpses of Archer while reading Dean and Liv's love story. He seemed so tragic and troubled that I just wanted to see him get his own book that hopefully would bring a bit of happiness for him. I knew being the bad boy that he is it was going to be steamy. I was not prepared for the gritty and dirty lustful bliss that is Archer and Kelsey's romance. Yes, that's right Kelsey, Dean's best friend and fellow professor. Their love/lust for each other is hot and irresistible. They are complete opposites that somehow are just perfect for each other.

“We’re not so good together because we’re different, storm girl. We’re not night and day or sun and rain. We’re so damn good
together because we’re the same. And you’ll never belong to anyone else. Ever. Neither will I.”

Overall, I loved this book. I'm really hoping Archer will get a series of books like Dean. I loved the storm chasing, it reminded me of the movie Twister. I mean who doesn't love Twister? My only issue is I just wish there was more Arher. Can we please have more Archer? Maybe have another book just in Archer's POV? I want inside his head, well among other things. I highly recommend before you pick up Break the Sky that you read the Spiral of Bliss books (Dean and Liv's love story). Although this is a companion book, it will totally spoil the Spiral of Bliss plot line for you. Go forth and read! This is one scorching hot love story you do not want to miss. ( )
  azprettygrl | Sep 23, 2014 |

Atmospheric scientist Kelsey March is under siege. Her tornado research project is on the skids and she’s fighting conflict in her university department. So when irresistible bad boy Archer West suggests a hot, wild fling while he’s in town, Kelsey is unable to resist his sexy offer. Kelsey and Archer embark on an intense, exhilarating affair. But soon their differences and private battles encroach on their desire, and Kelsey discovers she is caught in a storm she can’t control...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:29 -0400)

Nina Lane is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,878,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible