Tangled Web of Love & Lies by John J. Archer

Tangled Web of Love & Lies

by John J. Archer

531,436,638 (3.33)None

Three chapters, a short story, revolving around three characters, Norman, Richard, and Sally. Mature adults taking on romances, Norman struggling with superiority, false sense of security, bravado, taking a drug HBe, reducing the role of the President of the United States to a lesser role. Richard, finalizing the last step in his brother, Norman's life, leaving himself with no brother, no girlfriend, "I really have nothing now". Alluding to taking his own life, at the end, leaves the reader optimistic, as opposed to tragic. The book was short enough to keep the reader interested and wondering the power and influence of a drug that can do to an individual and his surrounding family. The FBI, the President's office plays a minor role, Norman being an ordinary citizen, elevated to celebrity with his drug enhanced performance, leading to authority intervention."Life being a tangled web right now, so many strands, I'm not completely sure what strand i rely on anymore". Richard. ( )
  barbara.kilpatri2558 | Sep 9, 2014 |
This book was sent to me by www.librarything.com to review.

The title I thought was going to be a tall order as this is a short story. I have not read many short stories but I enjoyed this. found the pace was quick and the author tied everything up really well.
A well written story.
I would be interested to read a full novel by this interesting author. ( )
  mexico24 | Sep 7, 2014 |
I received this short story for free from Member's Giveaway. The story was interesting where a man who was a pill pusher died and his brother and girlfriend are trying to grieve. I was good with the premise and was shocked towards the end. However, the reason why I gave this two stars instead of three stars was so many unanswered questions.

For the rest of the review and spoiler alert, visit my blog at: http://angelofmine1974.livejournal.com/77783.html ( )
  booklover3258 | Aug 31, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

John J. Archer's book Tangled Web of Love & Lies was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,924,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible