Inner Beauty by Annette J. Archer

Inner Beauty

by Annette J. Archer

741,138,814 (4)None

An enjoyable and quick read! I would like to know more about these characters, though. ( )
  madamediotte | Mar 7, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this short story. It's an extremely quick read that draws you in and keeps you turning the pages until you're finished. If the author wanted to expand on it, it would make a great basis for a full-length novel. The ending wasn't exactly a cliffhanger, but it did leave me wondering what could happen next.

A free copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  girlwonder87 | Sep 24, 2014 |
A delightful short story. Quick and to the point. Very well written and keeps the reader engaged for the duration. A tad light on the reading for myself, but a great book to inspire young adults to read more. It does leave you wanting more, but not in a cliffhanger sort of way. You're not going to be disappointed by it. Well worth the read.

* I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  UrbanAudreyE | Sep 19, 2014 |
BLOG REVIEW: http://chaibooks.blogspot.ca/2014/08/review-inner-beauty.html

I, personally, am not a big fan of short stories. I am a lover of long descriptions, and slow-paced, well drawn-out plot lines, so when I was asked to review a 32-page long fantasy read I was a little wary.
Firstly, for a short story, this was a great, quick read! I loved the Skrylen, and the imagery. Just picturing the beautiful golden skin, and the majestic wings was more than enough to intrigue me. I've read a lot of fantasy novels, and I love reading about new creatures that I've never heard about before.
However, the plotline itself was very predictable and didn't surprise me at all. I was waiting for it, more than anything. The reaction of Kelsi wasn't believable at all. And I know that short stories aren't supposed to have much depth, but the characters were so one dimensional.
There was a lot of potential that was wasted simply because it's a short story. There's a love story between Kelsi's parents that I would have loved to delve into deeper, there's the whole world of Skrylens that I have yet to discover; is there a Skrylen order? What world did they come from?
For a short story, however, it was passable. If you are looking for just a quick fantasy, then this is your story!

Thanks again Nazarite Publishing for sending me this book! ( )
  Naomi_ChaiBooks | Aug 28, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Annette J. Archer's book Inner Beauty was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,839,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible