Larger Than Life by Jodi Picoult

Larger Than Life

by Jodi Picoult

This was a novella that I wished was not....I felt like I needed to know more about the character and elephants and poachers! I just needed more story period. But then I guess it would not be considered a novella. But it was good all the same. I will be reading more of Picoult's works. ( )
  CarlaAquino | Jul 31, 2017 |
I downloaded this novella for free from Jodi's newsletter. I didn't read the description because if Jodi wrote it I'm going to read it. I think Jodi is one of the best storytellers of our time. She pulls you into the story so quickly and makes you care for the characters. I have cried reading so many of her books. I didn't with this one but I felt my heart breaking so many times. I didn't realize this is a prequel to Jodi's latest book Leaving Time, which I'm happy to say I will be picking up at the library tonight!

This is about Alice who lives on a game reserve in Botswana studying elephants. She sees poachers attack a herd where an elephant calf is orphaned. She quickly rescues the calf even though it is against the rules. This story is all about the relationship between Alice and the elephant calf. It's about the relationship between Alice and her Mom and it's about the relationship between Alice and her Botswana guide Neo. This is a beautifully written story that will leave you wanting more and will make you look differently at elephants and animals in general. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 12, 2016 |

MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I am not a fan of Jodi Picoult but the premise interested me enough to pick up this novella. (What can I say - I like elephants!) I found the story to be overall decent, despite the protagonist constantly rehashing her mommy issues. ( )
  dewbertb | Jan 26, 2016 |
A wonderful short story about the gentle giants of Africa, their family structure and how mankind has interfered with the natural order of life. ( )
  DCarlin | Jan 22, 2016 |
Moments after receiving the worst news of my life, I drive into the middle of a massacre.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible