Stopping Short by Mindy Klasky

Stopping Short

by Mindy Klasky

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

This installment gives an insight into the "play dirty" side of Journalism & Public Relations. We may think that celebrities have everything their hearts desire but what they do not have is PRIVACY. They are treated as public property and Stopping Short highlights that effectively. Klasky has touched upon this issue in most of the titles in this series, it being about a baseball team and all but this one in particular shows how peoples' secrets are blatantly used to make one feel they have done a great service to the world by airing out other peoples' dirty laundry. On the flip side, its a story of hope and acceptance and of course love. 4/5 to Ms. Klasky ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Didn't love it; didn't hate it. It was kind of like a trip you've taken many times; you know where you're going to end up, but there may be a few surprises along the way. ( )
  MagicLibrarian | Apr 8, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was the third book I read in the series by Mindy Klasky. I liked the character development but though the "fake engagement that becomes true love" reminded me of a cliched theme from an 18th century romance. But I still love the baseball theme and that keeps me reading... Especially as I read this after the Sf Giants clinched their 3rd World Series title in 5 years and I had baseball withdrawal!
  mverga | Dec 20, 2014 |
Stopping Short

The Characters

Drew Marshall and Jessica Barnes

The Story

Drew seems to be an average guy trying to overcome his past and live his life. I do believe he is presented as a “player” in the beginning, he really doesn’t exhibit any of that type of behavior once he meets Jessica. That could be because he and Jessica are thrown into a whirlwind fake engagement within moments of meeting each other.

Apparently Drew has spit in Ross Parker’s jell-o because he seems to have a personal vendetta against Drew. It’s never explained what Ross’s motivation is. I’m thinking he’s just a dillhole and bored. Needless to say Jessica and Drew go through the ringer trying to save Drew’s career, while reclaiming Jessica’s and falling in love.

I enjoyed their story, but was not particularly overwhelmed with love for it.

The Random Thoughts

3.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Nov 29, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Drew has a bad boy reputation. Unfortunately it's getting in the way of his work and his manager hires an image consultant firm to raise Drew's stakes in the draft. Recently widowed Jessica is signed on the case. What no one foresees is the two falling in love.

I have read almost all of the Diamond Brides books so far and this one is by far my favourite. The characters felt very real to me and their problems real. The books themselves continue to be a bit formulaic but this time it didn't bother me that much. ( )
  riikkat | Nov 23, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mindy Klasky's book Stopping Short was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Mindy L. Klasky is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,410,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible