The Juicer Recipes Book: 150 Healthy Juicer…

The Juicer Recipes Book: 150 Healthy Juicer Recipes to Unleash the…

by Mendocino Press

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
After a discussion of various types of juicers, their merits and disadvantages and a discussion of ingredients, we find 150 juicing recipes divided into 15 categories such as "Weight Loss," "Protein," "Kid Friendly," and so on. A very valuable tool for someone contemplating a juicing lifestyle. My thanks to the author and LibraryThing for a complimentary copy of this work. ( )
  musichick52 | Apr 6, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Juicing Recipes Book gives a thorough discussion of each type of juice and benefits such as being good as an Antioxidant, for Cleansing or Diabetic are some examples. Includes Kid Friendly Recipes.
This is a go to book for Juicing. Good for first time juicier experience.
There is explanation of the three major types of juicier: Centrifugal, Masticating, and Triturating Juicier, when and how to use each.
Each Recipe chapter begins with a list of the recipes in that chapter as well as the type of juicier that should use to make that recipe.
I have not read any other Juicing Books but feel no need after reading this book. Why the Mendocino Press did not include nutritional information for each recipe after spending all the time authoring them is a big question? ( )
  DogpatchWV | Jan 4, 2015 |
Disclaimer:
I received this book from Member Giveaways in exchange for an honest review.

This is a very informative book, with everything from the different kinds of juicers to how to prep the food included inside. After reading it, I've come to the conclusion that I likely will not start juicing, as apples and/or carrots feature heavily in the recipes, as well as pears and other things I shan't list. Don't get me wrong, I love apples and carrots, but I'm allergic to them unless they're cooked. Since so many recipes seem to have at least one item I'm allergic to, this particular process is not a good investment for me. However, I'll probably adapt some of the recipes into smoothie drinks, so I can still get some amount of benefit from this book. Overall, I find this to be a very good book (especially with the helpful tips sprinkled throughout), it's just not something I'd be able to take up easily. ( )
  LunaraDawn | Nov 27, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love this book! Not only does it contain truly delicious looking recipes but it also explains the different kind of juicers. I love that this book gives information about various fruits and vegetables and their health properties enabling you to pick and choose, if you wish, to create your own recipes. Well written and very informative. The great array of recipes makes this book a "must have". ( )
  gigifox | Nov 4, 2014 |
Very easy to read and the recipes are great! Just what I needed to get back in shape. ( )
  AObenhaus | Sep 13, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mendocino Press's book The Juicer Recipes Book: 150 Healthy Juicer Recipes to Unleash the Nutritional Power of Your Juicing was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,500,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible