Limbus, Inc. - Book II by Brett J. Talley

Limbus, Inc. - Book II

by Brett J. Talley (Editor)

Other authors: Gary A. Braunbeck (Contributor), Joe R. Lansdale (Contributor), Jonathan Maberry (Contributor), Joe McKinney (Contributor), Harry Shannon (Contributor)

Series: Limbus, Inc. (2)

its about chezy and how they are backwards ( )
  Dakota1116 | Feb 14, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed Limbus, Inc.'s second collection (but not quite as much as the first). The tales were nicely tied together and "Three Guys Walk into a Bar" was the highlight of the collection. ( )
  ladyoflorien | Dec 17, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a free ebook copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review

The premise of the shadowy employment agency Limbus continues in this second volume of tales. I felt the tales in this volume were not of the same caliber as the stories in volume 1, but they were still well-done overall. The wrapper story doled out between each tale was handled well, but the true belle of the ball was Maberry's offering "Three Guys Walk into a Bar" which blends his Pine Deep, Echo Team, and Sam Hunter universe in a story that closed out the volume in a tense action-fest...in other words, traditional Maberry fashion. That story alone would make this book worth the cover price.

Fans of the Maberry or Volume 1 of the series will find a lot to love here. There's tales aplenty by other recognizable authors such as Braunbeck, McKinney, and Lansdale among others. The stories span genres, so it's hard not to find something to love in this book. ( )
  Michael.Parrish | May 24, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won this book in a giveaway in exchange for a review.
Sadly, I liked the first "Limbus" collection more than this one. It was entertaining but the writing in this collection was not as good. The exception to this was contributor Jonathon Maberry, involved in both these collections. He is a prolific horror writer and in his story he gathers together 3 of his series protagonists in a tale of genetic terrorism. It is the standout story in this collection. If you like short horror this collection is ok, but seek out the first "Limbus". ( )
  jldarden | Mar 12, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was quite surprised that I enjoyed this book. I realized after I received it that is was a sequel to a book that I absolutely hated. I dutifully read it anyway. I found that this go around, the story-telling was much tighter, the theme was less disjointed, and the characters (in most of the the stories) were actually likeable. I would almost be interested in a Limbus III. ( )
  alanbethcam | Mar 1, 2015 |

Talley, Brett J.Editorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Braunbeck, Gary A.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lansdale, Joe R.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Maberry, JonathanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKinney, JoeContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shannon, HarryContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Brett J. Talley's book Limbus, Inc. - Book II was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible